The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

So Immortals seems good but not great

Xevross

So Immortals seems good but not great
Pretty much as expected. And I'm glad, no temptation to buy a Ubisoft game. fudge Ubisoft.

Dr. Pezus

Pretty much as expected. And I'm glad, no temptation to buy a Ubisoft game. fudge Ubisoft.
Like most ubi games

Xevross

Like most ubi games
I've always loved AC and last gen I dabbled in some of their other stuff. Now AC isn't what I want anymore and its easy to resist their other stuff. As everyone knows all of their games became more and more similar this gen and now they finally are trying to do unique things, but the games are still the same at their core. Immortals is trying to be more adventure-like and evoke the exploration feels of BOTW, but from many accounts it seems like a heck of a lot of the game is just AC Odyssey reskinned. Its enough to possibly be tempted, but I'm not.

Maybe when they actually do something about all of the well known issues that came out this year I'd consider a game like Immortals.

the-pi-guy

If Sony, Nintendo, and MS were college students:

MS: the rich kid who still hasn't quite figured out what he's doing. Has done well in some classes like Sci-fi writing, but he tends to be a mediocre student.

Sony: the slightly less rich kid who has figured out his niche, and is now putting out some very solid papers.  

Nintendo: the student that thinks they are the best.  They do great work, but they spend most of the semester coasting off the one project they did excellent on.  They dont really care to improve, they think their one paper they got the highest score on, is enough to prove they are the best.

Xevross

If Sony, Nintendo, and MS were college students:

MS: the rich kid who still hasn't quite figured out what he's doing. Has done well in some classes like Sci-fi writing, but he tends to be a mediocre student.

Sony: the slightly less rich kid who has figured out his niche, and is now putting out some very solid papers.  

Nintendo: the student that thinks they are the best.  They do great work, but they spend most of the semester coasting off the one project they did excellent on.  They dont really care to improve, they think their one paper they got the highest score on, is enough to prove they are the best.
I think it says a lot about you that you went for the college student analogy and related it to papers instead of social status and personality ;D

the-pi-guy

I think it says a lot about you that you went for the college student analogy and related it to papers instead of social status and personality ;D
What does it say?  :o

Xevross

the-pi-guy

That you're a big ol' nerd.
That's what I thought you'd say.

Guilty as charged.

Xevross

That's what I thought you'd say.

Guilty as charged.
I know you too well, and you know me too well!

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

darkknightkryta

So I just finished watching a video detailing that Resident Evil 4 HD Project that some guy has been pouring his life into.  All I can say is "epic".  The guy literally managed to find the sources of what Capcom used to create their assets.  The real life sources, not the original textures.  Pictures of walls, stairs, doors, statues, etc.  What's even more messed is how Capcom's artists just ripped off real life like that.

Go Up