The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Viewing single post

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Raven

That is absolutely ridiculous...
The American medical system is such a ripoff. It's incredibly overpriced even for a country that doesn't have national healthcare. I had a migraine and wanted to leave work for the day. Boss told me I had to go to the hospital and get a note from the doctor saying I needed it. Yeah, that alone was battleship. Anyways, I spent a total of an hour in the emergency room. The doctor came in, didn't even talk to me for 10 minutes, told me what I already fudgy knew about migraines, and walked out. The nurse gave me two pills and told me to go home. What was my bill? One thousand fudgy dollars. Breaking it down... the sub-10 minute doctor "consultation" was $250. The pills? $3 combined. The remaining $750 on the bill was a bunch of jargon that could basically be summed up as "administrative costs". They asked me a couple questions, wrote down some information on a couple papers, handed me pills, interacted with me for maybe half the time I was there, and charged me over SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS with a dang smile.

I should have gone back and demanded the dang devil's flute I was apparently supposed to get.