The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Viewing single post

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

kitler53

The fact is an American company should not have to incur even heavier losses on a product just because a European government charges that much more in taxes. How much money would Sony have lost in Brazil to keep the PS4 price at $400 there? Because I seem to recall it being two or three times more expensive there at launch. Foreign companies don't owe Europeans anything just because they live in a system that charges high tax rates on luxury goods to pay for their national healthcare or whatever other social system needs it. That's the price you pay for it. I'm not really surprised here. Seen plenty of Europeans on the internet who act like they deserve "free healthcare" AND affordable luxury items without giving a dang whose wallet takes a hit for it as long as it isn't theirs. His complaint is misguided. If the taxes on luxury items sucks that bad and he doesn't like it then he should try to motion for change. Not guilt a foreign company into lowering its price even further just so he can enjoy the fruits of a European social system while paying the same or close to the same luxury costs as a country that doesn't use such a system.

Also, I don't think many Americans will buy at that $600 cost anyways so whether or not Europeans do at theirs is a bit of a moot point. It's not going to sell that well anywhere.

Please know that I am not attacking anyone here or Europeans in general. I just don't have much patience for people like that guy who attacked the Rift because "Boohoo my country's taxes suck so it's up to YOU to do something about it".
follow-up. 

i ended up in the hospital a week or so ago with extreme dehydration after puking for a day.  3 liters of fluids via and IV. 
got my bill today: $3388 dollars.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens