Let's Design the Index Page: Good?

Started by Legend, Aug 26, 2014, 07:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Some slight changes have been updated.

Should be the final design.

In profile under look and layout you can turn off the "new" image.

Vita!

Looks good. Wasn't too hard to turn off the "new" images either.

Legend

I set it so that if you're the last person to post in a topic, the icon is a dark gray.

kitler53

I set it so that if you're the last person to post in a topic, the icon is a dark gray.

lol, was just going to ask about that.   do we really need to distinguish no new posts from no new post and i was the last poster?

...i'd prefer all no new posts used that darker gray icon instead.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

7H3

could we get another color for dev blogs and articles? I didn't realize the language topic in regards to vizioneck was a blog until I thought about it later and just now checked...
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

could we get another color for dev blogs and articles? I didn't realize the language topic in regards to vizioneck was a blog until I thought about it later and just now checked...

Yeah. How about text in front of the title like how it works with polls?

Legend

lol, was just going to ask about that.   do we really need to distinguish no new posts from no new post and i was the last poster?

...i'd prefer all no new posts used that darker gray icon instead.

I personally like it.

With knowing I was the last poster, the thread is basically dead to me. No reason to go back to it.

With threads where I wasn't the new poster, I still might want to comment. Usually in the morning after waking up I read every new post, and then over the course of a few hours go back and post in the threads.

kitler53

I personally like it.

With knowing I was the last poster, the thread is basically dead to me. No reason to go back to it.

With threads where I wasn't the new poster, I still might want to comment. Usually in the morning after waking up I read every new post, and then over the course of a few hours go back and post in the threads.

well you're the boss.  personally if i was going to respond i would have the first time i viewed a thread so any thread with no new post (be it mine or someone elses) is dead to me.  the darker gray makes it easier to ignore than the white.

Legend

well you're the boss.  personally if i was going to respond i would have the first time i viewed a thread so any thread with no new post (be it mine or someone elses) is dead to me.  the darker gray makes it easier to ignore than the white.

Maybe in a few weeks we can change it. Right now I'm having to focus on game development.

u4gReservoirDogs

I just read a message, but it wasn't that clear to me that I had one.
Could you perhaps make it more clear by changing the color of "My Messages" when you have a new message in your inbox?
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

Legend

I just read a message, but it wasn't that clear to me that I had one.
Could you perhaps make it more clear by changing the color of "My Messages" when you have a new message in your inbox?

You should have a big huge bar appear over the top of the screen. Is that not clear enough?

Xevross

I personally like it.

Agreed. Its a good idea

Dr. Pezus

#LegendSolidarity

kitler53

you may already be well aware of this but... 

...the front page has the filters for "show unread since last visit" and "show new replies".   those pages use the old front page layout.  probably should propagate the front page layout changes to those filters.  imo.

kitler53

#LegendSolidarity

i will get what i want when i want exactly how i want and if it don't i'll learn how to DDoS attack this place.  other's opinions will not be tolerated!

Go Up