Let's Design the Index Page: Good?

Started by Legend, Aug 26, 2014, 07:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

Yes, but the new icons could work as the legend.

you could always say it with lollipop!

..how long until i'm banned again?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

you could always say it with lollipop!

..how long until i'm banned again?

I read the link and thought "oh it'll some comedy thing like a poorly shaped boquet." Nope hahaha

kitler53

I read the link and thought "oh it'll some comedy thing like a poorly shaped boquet." Nope hahaha

check out these huge melons!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=176173

ethomaz

kitler53

What was the original picture?

we had weeks of people making joke threads where a the thread title was suggestive but then the picks was the "non-dirty" interpretation of the phrase.  my thread had ~10 of the best big titty pics (yes nude) i could find and this gif.  lasted just over an hour before getting modded.

the-pi-guy

we had weeks of people making joke threads where a the thread title was suggestive but then the picks was the "non-dirty" interpretation of the phrase.  my thread had ~10 of the best big titty pics (yes nude) i could find and this gif.  lasted just over an hour before getting modded.

Any possibility you could PM those bad boys to me? 

kitler53

Any possibility you could PM those bad boys to me?

lol, no.  when the mods edited my thread i lost the links.

7H3

hmm... still not loving the new layout... the new icons are cool, but seem so separate from the rest of the site in terms of visuals... Either change the black b/g to the standard grey behind the icons or change the overall color scheme to work with each other...
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

kitler53

wow,.. banned for 17 days now.  they must really hate me.

Dr. Pezus

wow,.. banned for 17 days now.  they must really hate me.

Only a week

BananaKing

im really warming up to the new design. i like it a lot now.

7H3

I'd like topics I haven't posted in to have a gray diamond instead of a yellow diamond as it is confusing since the yellow "new" thing pops up only on topics I take part in with posting. Having yellow on all threads makes it more meaningless for myself.

Also the new icon shouldn't show up on topics / threads in which I don't participate .

7H3

Aug 29, 2014, 02:19 PM Last Edit: Aug 29, 2014, 02:37 PM by 7H3
Spoiler for Hidden:
hmm I think like this:<br />diamond for new<br />square for read<br /><br />yellow for threads in which I have posted<br />gray for threads in which I haven't posted<br />blue and green as they are currently

well now that I understand the shapes and colors i'm not so sure about what's in the spoiler section... I'll think about it some more

ethomaz

Aug 29, 2014, 02:48 PM Last Edit: Aug 29, 2014, 02:52 PM by ethomaz
I think the Sticky color is not matching yet.

For posts already read you can use:

White = Non-sticky
Gray = Sticky

After that we start with colors :D

PS. The new design grows on you but the green for sticks is yet off.

kitler53

I think the Sticky color is not matching yet.

For posts already read you can use:

White = Non-sticky
Gray = Sticky

After that we start with colors :D

[bold]PS. The new design grows on you but the green for sticks is yet off.[/bold]

i'm winning!!

in software design they say the rule of a good web design is to watch the usage immediately following a change.   any change will give customers a negative reaction at first even if the changes are for the better.   after an adjustment period of a few days to a week with a good redesign customer usage will return to normal or increase.  poor redesigns will remain lower than previous.

i'm really glad to hear people are warming up to it.  i think the changes made at my suggestion are going to be really good long term.

wrt to what you wrote about posts you've read.  i was kind thinking maybe non-sticky should be more gray than white.  the white on black pops quite a bit and draws a fair amount of attention to it which is counter to the point of guiding users to new posts/topics.  not sure what to say about stickies,..  maybe you could go back to using blue for stickies and maybe purple for quote notification?   my only grip with green was it is pretty close to yellow and doesn't pop the way i think it should.

Go Up