Pachter: Xbox One outsold PS4 in September

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Oct 13, 2014, 10:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

The Xbox One sold better than the PlayStation 4 in September, according to Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter. He is estimating that Microsoft sold 325,000 new Xbox Ones at U.S. retailers last month while Sony sold 250,000 PS4s. This is notable because Sony's system has sold better than Microsoft's in nearly every month since each gaming device launched in November. September is also when Activision launched its blockbuster sci-fi shooter Destiny, which Sony helped market as a PS4 game even though it is also available on Xbox One and the older systems. Both corporations are locked in a battle in the console-gaming sector, which is worth billions of dollars in the U.S. alone.

"We expect Xbox One sales to exceed those of the PS4 for only the second month since launch," Pachter said in a note to investors.

These Wedbush numbers are just a prediction, and we should learn if they are accurate this Thursday when industry-tracking firm The NPD Group reveals its sales data for the month of September.

Shamelessly stolen from the chartz. And lol!

the-pi-guy

Xevross

I laughed. A lot.

Mmm_fish_tacos

But why?

I dunno!  Seems so odd when all the signs point to an easy win for Sony. It's like he pulled this out of his dog and forgot about the new color and destiny, which comfortably out sold the TF Xbox One bundle on amazon in a matter of days. No clue what this guy is thinking. He's wrong about everything unless it's painfully obvious. Which this might be a start of a trend for him being 100% wrong about everything now.

DD_Bwest

rofl what?  is this from the onion?

what is the publication source?

Legend

I'd bet against that...

Raven

LOL no.

The PS4 Destiny bundle was shown to consistently outsell the X1 month to month on both Amazon and Gamestop's online store. The September NPD for the PS4 must count all PS4 Destiny bundle sales from June to September. Three full months of pre-orders before the package actually launched. That's not even including the fact that the PS4 standard package was still shown to be outselling the X1 at both of those online stores as well and not by a small margin. This is an utterly ridiculous estimation by Pachter if true. Though let's be honest here, even VGC has been better at estimating sales than Wedbush.

Xevross

I'd bet against that...

Anyone with more than two brain cells would bet against that!

DD_Bwest

for pach to be right on the ps4 numbers,   the ps4 would be averaging 2k a week more in sept then in august.   

seriously, who the fudge is dumb enough to pay for this guy as an analyst?   

Raven

for pach to be right on the ps4 numbers,   the ps4 would be averaging 2k a week more in sept then in august.   

Sometimes I agree with his assessments and then other times I just yell, "What the hell are you talking about?!"

Riderz1337

Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

the-pi-guy

It's the easiest way to explain a comedian where they work. 

Raven

Mmm_fish_tacos

rofl what?  is this from the onion?

what is the publication source?

Don't know, I stole it from vgc. There was no source there either. Tbone was the op, so I don't think it's made up.

Raven