Recent Posts

Pages[1] 2 3 ... 10
Off-Topic Community / Re: Humanoid Robot Progress Tr...
Last post by Legend - Today at 06:42 AM
New version of sanctuary's bot

And a new robot out from nowhere.

Very very impressive if it's not a misleading video. Reminds me a lot of Stanford's robotic work, but the arms are very quick. No legs so it won't go in the op yet.
Gaming Community / Re: Zelda Tears of the Kingdom...
Last post by Legend - Today at 04:36 AM

Funny that this person played the game in reverse compared to me, yet he still had all the issues of the story ignoring stuff link already knows. It's as if Nintendo knew every cutscene could be your first cutscene, so they treated all of them as introductory cutscenes.

Cutscenes could have adapted, could have just played in the order you found them, or could have been more like botw.
Gaming Community / Re: The VR thread. U R Not re...
Last post by Legend - Today at 02:31 AM
They are pricy.  

The omni one costs like $2600.  

I'm not sure what the infinadeck's current cost is, but it apparently used to cost like $30k.  
I don't like infinadeck's specific design. Having a bunch of individual treadmills is way too expensive and way too heavy. The general geometry however of a torus belt is the only way to put a flat continuous surface under the user. So much more potential.

No way is this Disney approach not pricy.

Isn't omni just a chunk of plastic?
Last post by the-pi-guy - Today at 01:49 AM

I thought I posted the og Disney video here, but here's an update with a person using it.

Just doesn't look that good. Needs to be a lot faster and more responsive for it to give a vr feeling of walking, and the design only works with flat shoes.

I don't understand why traditional torus based designs haven't taken over. Is there a patent or something stopping them from being improved?
They are pricy.  

The omni one costs like $2600.  

I'm not sure what the infinadeck's current cost is, but it apparently used to cost like $30k.  
Last post by Legend - Today at 01:30 AM

I thought I posted the og Disney video here, but here's an update with a person using it.

Just doesn't look that good. Needs to be a lot faster and more responsive for it to give a vr feeling of walking, and the design only works with flat shoes.

I don't understand why traditional torus based designs haven't taken over. Is there a patent or something stopping them from being improved?
Off-Topic Community / Re: The YouTube |OT| Place for...
Last post by Legend - Today at 12:40 AM
Guess European countries is well in the works.

Off-Topic Community / Re: I read books now
Last post by Legend - Yesterday at 11:37 PM
btw this is the youtube video that inspired me to make this thread and buy a book.

I wonder which Greg Egan book I'll read next.

edt: I mostly love hard sci fi just because it tends to make something more original and engaging. Having more equations or being harder to follow doesn't make it harder sci fi imo.

Instead it's hard sci fi when the book deals with the consequences and restrictions of real life. I wouldn't say the Martian is less hard sci fi just since it deals with a smaller story or spends less time convincing the reader that things really work this way.
Game News Discussion / Re: Xbox FY24 Q3: Total Gaming...
Last post by Dr. Pezus - Yesterday at 09:11 PM
there's no growth quite like acquired growth...
You have to spend money to make money  8)
Off-Topic Community / Re: I read books now
Last post by Legend - Yesterday at 07:37 PM
https://vimeo.com/21742266]

Watch this trailer for the first book. Your heart will be racing!
Pages[1] 2 3 ... 10