Jul 29, 2020, 04:22 PM Last Edit: Jul 29, 2020, 04:37 PM by Legend
Just give me the 20,000 forum bucks and we'll call it all square
Paid with interest.

SWORDF1SH

Jul 29, 2020, 04:29 PM Last Edit: Jul 29, 2020, 04:37 PM by Legend

Legend

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Sony had PS2 on PS3, and then PS2 on PS4 titles.  

PS2 on PS3, they did mostly between 2012 and 2014.

PS2 and PS4 they did mostly between 2015 and 2017.  

So:
+They did it for 2 different consoles.
-they stopped doing it, due to a lack of interest.
+They stopped doing it, partway to focus on PS5

Probably not.

the-pi-guy

Suggests very soony.

Legend

Frontier Showcase better be frontier developments.

the-pi-guy

Will they announce it today?

the-pi-guy

Xevross

I'm now even more convinced TLOU2 multi will be free to play. What are the odds they announce it at state of play?

Legend

I'm now even more convinced TLOU2 multi will be free to play. What are the odds they announce it at state of play?
Could it be ready day 1 for PS5? That'd be a great cross gen way to make it push next gen.

F2p makes sense imo too. Naughty Dog also pushed microtransactions with past games.

Xevross

Jul 31, 2020, 11:43 PM Last Edit: Jul 31, 2020, 11:48 PM by Xevross
Could it be ready day 1 for PS5? That'd be a great cross gen way to make it push next gen.

F2p makes sense imo too. Naughty Dog also pushed microtransactions with past games.
Yes I think day 1 PS5 launch cross gen and f2p is the safest bet for it right now. It was less than a year ago they decided it wasn't going to make TLOU2 launch planned for Feb (5 months away from delay point). So with 5 months to launch they finally made the decision to separate it, suggesting that its in a position where it could have been launched in 5 months but they wanted longer. By November it would have been 14 months, which I think is probably plenty of time for them. Would also be a perfect counter to Halo's multiplayer.

Legend

Xevross

Insider on Era Navtra (confirmed by mods) said this in the Spidey Avengers thread:

This is the first (second, if you count Athia) in a series of very big Sony x Square Enix collaborations. I was expecting to see them in this month's SoP, but now I'm not sure how are they getting announced.
Then said these things in the PS Studios OT:

lol yeah. XVI is real. It was supposed to get announced in June's event. It's supposedly closer than most people would think. It has some kind of PS5 exclusivity (it was vague back then but it seems to be full timed exclusivity now). And I have no idea why they haven't announced it yet.
I'll be very clear on this.

Silent Hill is in a weird position where sometimes I suspect it was just bad info, although many credible sources confirmed its existence, I'm not sure.

I can only confirm one thing: it was never on the table for June's event. XVI and Avengers's Spiderman among other things were supposed to be there and were moved last minute. Silent Hill never was.

kitler53

Aug 03, 2020, 07:22 PM Last Edit: Aug 03, 2020, 07:26 PM by kitler53
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/a-friendly-neighborhood-spider-man-lends-a-helping-hand-to-earths-mightiest-heroes-in-2021/

Spider-Man Coming to Marvel's Avengers Exclusively on PlayStation
It's never been a better time to be a spider-fan!  The team at Crystal Dynamics, along with our partners, are overjoyed that we get to be a part of this hero's gaming journey.  We can't wait for you to add Spider-Man to your Marvel's Avengers roster in early 2021, and as we've promised before, he will be available at no additional cost to owners of the base game, exclusively on PlayStation
...unless of course you own an xbox.

i'm not sure if this really sort of thing really helps move playstation hardware/software but oh my does the other versions of this game feel gimped to not have marvel's most beloved super hero.   even though i'm a "beneficiary" of this deal it still feels slimy.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Go Up