PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

I like Mondays. Think we'll get any PS5 stuff?

the-pi-guy

I feel this week or next would be a good time.

the-pi-guy

PS5 shipments may reach at least 120 million units in next 5 years

PS5 shipments may reach at least 120 million units in next 5 years

the-pi-guy

I think this is pretty far fetched.  

I have no idea how reliable digitimes is, just that they aren't as reliable as Bloomberg.  But Era is talking about it.

I doubt it is accurate.  Those would be insane sales, beyond Wii/PS4/PS2 levels.  It'd be closer to DS levels of sales.  

On a related topic, it kind of feels like something must have changed.  There was a bit of pessimism with the first couple Bloomberg reports, low sales expectations and high price.  

That last Bloomberg article seems like a huge change in optimism.  I know they mentioned the pandemic, but I have to wonder if there was more.  

PS5 production going better than expected, Sony wanting to push forward and cement a themselves, something else they think can drive sales.

Legend

The PS5's white plates are swappable, leaked pictures suggest | ResetEra

More pictures on this forum: https://bbs.a9vg.com/thread-8683081-1-1.html

Awesome if true. I guess Black PS5 is going to be a thing even if they don't officially make one.  

I have no idea how reliable digitimes is, just that they aren't as reliable as Bloomberg.  But Era is talking about it.

I doubt it is accurate.  Those would be insane sales, beyond Wii/PS4/PS2 levels.  It'd be closer to DS levels of sales.  

On a related topic, it kind of feels like something must have changed.  There was a bit of pessimism with the first couple Bloomberg reports, low sales expectations and high price.  

That last Bloomberg article seems like a huge change in optimism.  I know they mentioned the pandemic, but I have to wonder if there was more.  

PS5 production going better than expected, Sony wanting to push forward and cement a themselves, something else they think can drive sales.
Could also be a human thing. Person leaking to Bloomberg could be more confident now or maybe additional leakers are giving Bloomberg a more balanced perspective.

the-pi-guy

Jul 27, 2020, 03:16 PM Last Edit: Jul 27, 2020, 03:33 PM by the-pi-guy

Disk drive slot in the third picture.  :

In a way we already did.

kitler53

Jul 27, 2020, 03:55 PM Last Edit: Jul 27, 2020, 04:00 PM by kitler53

i mean, it is a projection (aka guess).    i also don't believe it.  there always seem to be some pretty wild "projections" by "market experts" at the beginning of each gen.  this is no different,.  it's almost certainly wrong.   

ps5 should do well but i see no reason to believe it will be drastically better or worse than the ps4 sales curve.   perhaps a bit more front loaded do to the pandemic but ps5 gives me no reason to believe it finding "new customers".   it will sell to basically the same customers as the ps4 did and should sell reasonably similar numbers.

The PS5's white plates are swappable, leaked pictures suggest | ResetEra

i was already like 95% certain this was going to be true.   makes this "leak" all the more dangerous because I "want" or "expect" it to be true.   but some of sony's statements have been highly suggestive of this kind of customizability.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Xevross

Era guys have measured sizes using the paper as A4 for reference. Estimated plate size is 38x25.6cm which is pretty much exactly what was obtained with estimates using the official images released by Sony. So looks like the console will be roughly 38x26x9cm (8892 cubic cm) compared so Series X 30.1x15.1x15.1cm (6860 cubic cm). Despite the Series X being smaller by volume, PS5 should be better for fitting into setups due to its smaller shortest dimension.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Any hope the controller releases early like it did with the ps4? I'm thinking ill hold off on the ps5 for awhile. Just upgraded the pc so I'm good for a long time.

the-pi-guy

Except it isn't really new.  It was talked about in the first wired interview.

kitler53

Except it isn't really new.  It was talked about in the first wired interview.
i would say "mentioned" because the details of this feature is extremely unclear to me.    ps4 has those game pages that are largely unsupported by games.   very curios to see both what is possible and how well games actually support it.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

i would say "mentioned" because the details of this feature is extremely unclear to me.    ps4 has those game pages that are largely unsupported by games.   very curios to see both what is possible and how well games actually support it.
Jumping into a killzone shadowfall multilayer match right away from the PS4 UI was amazing. It felt truly "next gen". But other games didn't support that and I forgot about it

Legend

SWORDF1SH

Times change

New PS4 SKU drops the disc drive
Just give me the 20,000 forum bucks and we'll call it all square

Go Up