PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

nnodley

So I got farpoint and the aim controller today.  It's easily one of the better looking psvr games though still quite a bit of aliasing.  It controls great and most of the time I don't feel much motion sickness, but little heavier action gets me feeling weird.  Aim controller feels great and tracks pretty much 1:1 from what I can tell.  Coolest feature is bringing up the controller to eye level and looking through the sight on the in game gun with the reticle showing up.

SWORDF1SH

So I got farpoint and the aim controller today.  It's easily one of the better looking psvr games though still quite a bit of aliasing.  It controls great and most of the time I don't feel much motion sickness, but little heavier action gets me feeling weird.  Aim controller feels great and tracks pretty much 1:1 from what I can tell.  Coolest feature is bringing up the controller to eye level and looking through the sight on the in game gun with the reticle showing up.
So tempted to get this. I have a question about the Aim controller, does it work with the old move controllers with the usb mini port?

nnodley

So tempted to get this. I have a question about the Aim controller, does it work with the old move controllers with the usb mini port?
You don't even have to have move controllers to use it.  It has the light and everything already built in.  All the buttons, 2 thumb sticks, and even a small touch pad on top.

Aura7541

So AMD updated its GPU architecture roadmap and Navi will seemingly come out in 2018. I wonder if this means the PS5 will adopt a Zen+ and Navi for its APU.

Kerotan

May 18, 2017, 04:18 AM Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:10 PM by Kerotan
Waiting to play AC: Unity was the best thing ever. I've played every AC up until unity. Played them all on ps3 up until AC3 but that was a chore to complete.

Black flag was a breath of fresh air. I got rogue for $10 on sale last year and loved it. Then on black friday I got unity also for $10. Only just got around to starting it there. So why am I so happy?

1. Got the game so cheap
2. A million bugs and performance issues are fixed
3. I have the Pro so the frame rate is as smooth as butter.
4. The game is awesome.

So yeah you can really tell there was no last gen version. The game is a proper next gen Assassin's Creed in gameplay and graphics. Story is awesome so far. Especially the opening chapter that leads on from the end of rogue. The way they did it I got goosebumps. The online co-op is good aswell.

Sometimes it really pays off to wait. After this I'll probably get Syndicate later in the year on a black friday sale. Hopefully $10 again. And late next year I'll probably get the Egyptian one on sale.

Dr. Pezus

Waiting to play AC: Unity was the best thing ever. I've played every AC up until unity. Played them all on ps3 up until AC3 but that was a chore to complete.

Black flag was a breath of fresh air. I got rogue for $10 on sale last year and loved it. Then on black friday I got unity also for $10. Only just got around to starting it there. So why am I so happy?

1. Got the game so cheap
4. The game is awesome.

So yeah you can really tell there was no last gen version. The game is a proper next gen Assassin's Creed in gameplay and graphics. Story is awesome so far. Especially the opening chapter that leads on from the end of rogue. The way they did it I got goosebumps. The online co-op is good aswell.

Sometimes it really pays off to wait. After this I'll probably get Syndicate later in the year on a black friday sale. Hopefully $10 again. And late next year I'll probably get the Egyptian one on sale.
I agree. Mass effect Andromeda will probably be in a similar situation next year, I hope

BasilZero

1. Got the game so cheap
4. The game is awesome.

Naice.

I've only played up to Revelations (alongside I, II and Brotherhood) - planning to play III and Liberation this year. Bought IV Black Flag last year and will likely buy the next this summer.

Gonna try one of the PSP and DS games too in the future.

Kerotan

Naice.

I've only played up to Revelations (alongside I, II and Brotherhood) - planning to play III and Liberation this year. Bought IV Black Flag last year and will likely buy the next this summer.

Gonna try one of the PSP and DS games too in the future.
How much did BF cost?  

For me personally when I moved onto AC3 it was a terrterrible slog.  I was so sick of the formula at that stage. The only thing that motivated me was the fact I'd be playing BF next.  

My advice is after you play AC3 and BF buy rogue.  And pay a lot of attention to the final level. You'll understand why when you start unity.

BasilZero

How much did BF cost?  

For me personally when I moved onto AC3 it was a terrterrible slog.  I was so sick of the formula at that stage. The only thing that motivated me was the fact I'd be playing BF next.  

My advice is after you play AC3 and BF buy rogue.  And pay a lot of attention to the final level. You'll understand why when you start unity.
$14.99 because I bought the Gold Edition - whenever I buy games, I try to buy the complete edition, even though the regular edition was like $7.

And ya, once I finish III and Liberation, I plan to play BF.

I plan to buy Rogue and and perhaps Unity this year.

Kerotan

$14.99 because I bought the Gold Edition - whenever I buy games, I try to buy the complete edition, even though the regular edition was like $7.

And ya, once I finish III and Liberation, I plan to play BF.

I plan to buy Rogue and and perhaps Unity this year.

Made that mistake recently.  got the new Deus Ex for €15 when I should have gotten the complete edition for €20. The dlc is going for €30.

BasilZero

Made that mistake recently.  got the new Deus Ex for €15 when I should have gotten the complete edition for €20. The dlc is going for €30.
Yep, these publishers never lower the price of the DLC, a good example is EA with the Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 DLC.

I bought Mass Effect 2 for $7 on Steam and Mass Effect 3 on Origin for $15. But the DLC for 2 cost me $40 and the DLC for 3 cost me $50.

Dr. Pezus

Yep, these publishers never lower the price of the DLC, a good example is EA with the Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 DLC.

I bought Mass Effect 2 for $7 on Steam and Mass Effect 3 on Origin for $15. But the DLC for 2 cost me $40 and the DLC for 3 cost me $50.
Here's an idea: don't buy the dlc  ???

BasilZero

Here's an idea: don't buy the dlc  ???
Nah, then I wouldnt get the complete experience if I miss out on the story DLC.

EA's example is the only example of where I had to pay more for the DLC than the actual game.

Borderlands 2 on Steam for an example I got the GOTY edition as part of a $7 humble bundle with other games and bought the additional DLC/Season pass for like $12. Spent $20 for the whole game, thats a pretty dang good deal right there.

I usually never buy a game unless the DLC comes with it, the only exceptions were FFXV (which is a big exception due to my love for the series), The Legend of Zelda breath of the wild (because I didnt know DLC existed when I had bought the game) and Persona 5 (because it doesnt have any relevant story DLC).

Dr. Pezus

Nah, then I wouldnt get the complete experience if I miss out on the story DLC.

EA's example is the only example of where I had to pay more for the DLC than the actual game.

Borderlands 2 on Steam for an example I got the GOTY edition as part of a $7 humble bundle with other games and bought the additional DLC/Season pass for like $12. Spent $20 for the whole game, thats a pretty dang good deal right there.

I usually never buy a game unless the DLC comes with it, the only exceptions were FFXV (which is a big exception due to my love for the series), The Legend of Zelda breath of the wild (because I didnt know DLC existed when I had bought the game) and Persona 5 (because it doesnt have any relevant story DLC).
Story dlc rarely matters bro. I don't remember feeling like I missed out on a game that got story dlc later.

BasilZero

Story dlc rarely matters bro. I don't remember feeling like I missed out on a game that got story dlc later.
Well not everyone can be like you though Pezus specifically a Doctor , Dr Pez :p.

I miss out a lot when it comes to story or content DLC (like stages, characters, etc).  In story heavy games specifically when its something that I look forward to (the story aspect). Mass Effect's DLC isnt bad at all though, I loved all the DLC I played on both ME2 and ME3. I had as much fun on the DLC for both of those games as much fun as I had with Sleeping Dogs, another game where I loved the DLC.

If its just costumes, additional weapons or additions to a OST or some dumb artwork or figurine, I will pass.

Go Up