previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Not adjusting up the PS4 when it blatently is undertracked....hmmmm

DD_Bwest

PS4 111,822
Xone 55,037
Source: http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php

Now all I have to do is wait untill they update the frontpage so I can update the first post. :)
front page says 8.9 right now,   what was it before?

Xevross

Aug 04, 2014, 06:49 PM Last Edit: Aug 04, 2014, 06:56 PM by Xevross

front page says 8.9 right now,   what was it before?

8.7, actual total was 8.737, add on 111k is 8.849 (rounding) so at least 1k more has been added :P

EDIT: 9k has been added, well I guess its a start

DD_Bwest

ah okay, so no adjustments yet lol

ethomaz

I do think PS4 is doing better than VGC show... was Germany fixed?

Xevross

No it wasnt

Dr. Pezus

It's going to happen next week. Calling it

Max King of the Wild

I loved the "ps4 isn't dominating because consoles that dominate don't have a hard time passing 100k" nonsensical posts... Then Npd came that showed Vgc undertaking the ps4 by over 10k a week in US alone. The ps4 is not struggling to hit 100k weekly and 3ds is not as close as Vgc shoes.

BananaKing

Not adjusting up the PS4 when it blatently is undertracked....hmmmm

around how much is it undertracked by? i know 70k in germany. but what/where else?

Xevross

No way to know for sure but shipments make it obvious. I hope sony announce numbers at gamescom so we can be sure.

ethomaz

around how much is it undertracked by? i know 70k in germany. but what/where else?

Where is really a hard question.

Unless PS3 shipped more than last year (1.1 million) PS4 reached 10m shipped in June (or at least was close to that).

April 6, 2014: 7m sold
March 31, 2014: > 7.4m shipped (my lowest estimate)

That gives 400k on shelves across ~50 countries... we know PS4 supply issues in US at that time was ended and only EU countries had supply issues yet... 400k on shelves shows supply issues for some but not all countries (less than that and you had a case of supply issues across all countries).

Now using the last year numbers for PS3 (no drop yoy) we had PS4 shipping 2.4m in Q1.

June 30, 2014: > 9.8m shipped (my lowest estimate)

Using VGC number for the same period will show 1.4m on shelves... this is crazy a lot when you have Europe countries like Germany with supply issues in retail or you account for the fact that next month we have a new SKU that mostly is being shipped right now... it is not a repack because it is a new color.

VGC numbers don't fit.

The numbers they show today is to be close to 9.5m than 9m.

And I don't think PS4 passed 10m yet ;)

Max King of the Wild

Where is really a hard question.

Unless PS3 shipped more than last year (1.1 million) PS4 reached 10m shipped in June (or at least was close to that).

April 6, 2014: 7m sold
March 31, 2014: > 7.4m shipped (my lowest estimate)

That gives 400k on shelves across ~50 countries... we know PS4 supply issues in US at that time was ended and only EU countries had supply issues yet... 400k on shelves shows supply issues for some but not all countries (less than that and you had a case of supply issues across all countries).

Now using the last year numbers for PS3 (no drop yoy) we had PS4 shipping 2.4m in Q1.

June 30, 2014: > 9.8m shipped (my lowest estimate)

Using VGC number for the same period will show 1.4m on shelves... this is crazy a lot when you have Europe countries like Germany with supply issues in retail or you account for the fact that next month we have a new SKU that mostly is being shipped right now... it is not a repack because it is a new color.

VGC numbers don't fit.

The numbers they show today is to be close to 9.5m than 9m.

And I don't think PS4 passed 10m yet ;)

What if I told you since WD the ps4 has been seeing supply issues in the US again and has got worse leading up to TLoU. Because it has. Nothing too severe though. Just shelves being bare until more arrive. Never a decent amount on hand either. For example, right now Wii U has at least 5 on the shelf and more in the back and ps4 has 1 on the shelf.

Xevross

What if I told you since WD the ps4 has been seeing supply issues in the US again and has got worse leading up to TLoU. Because it has. Nothing too severe though. Just shelves being bare until more arrive. Never a decent amount on hand either. For example, right now Wii U has at least 5 on the shelf and more in the back and ps4 has 1 on the shelf.

Well if you did say that then sell through is even higher and VGC is waaaaaay off. I think they're undertracking it by at least 500k.

ethomaz

That could put it close to 10m right now... I was working with ~500k on shelves only for US but if the real situation is 200-300k on shelves then my maths up from ~9.5m to ~9.8m.

Max King of the Wild

Aug 05, 2014, 01:48 PM Last Edit: Aug 05, 2014, 01:53 PM by Max King of the Wild

Well if you did say that then sell through is even higher and VGC is waaaaaay off. I think they're undertracking it by at least 500k.

I'd like to have official shipments before saying that. However, in target I'm seeing Wii U having more stock available than PS4. I also don't know how it works before it gets to the store. So maybe ps4 could make up less sold through from having more on freighters. One thing I'm confident in saying though, 150k vs ~1m sold vs shipped is outrageous.

Go Up