Should get:

Price

Release Date

Launch Games

New Games

Switch OS Information

Amiibo Support Confirmation

Switch Hidden Features

Get excited yo! Device might be odd and not what you personally want but the show itself should be fun.

Twitch

Summery:

$300 and releases March 3rd. Joycons can be black or red and blue.

No region locking in general.

Paid online but it's free until the Fall. Has voice chat, parties, and basically everything the PS3 online had. You get one free NES game a month but can only play it that month. Switch does not have an ethernet port.

Battery life is 2.5 to 6.5 hours and varies by game. Zelda gets around 3 hours of playtime in portable mode.

The Switch has a share button just like PS4. Currently it can only take photos. Video recording will come in a later update.

The right Joycon has an infrared camera that can watch your hand, kinda like Kinect. The left one has "HD rumble." Also has Amiibo NFC support. Both have accelerometers and shoulder buttons hidden inside. Come with wrist straps.

The Switch has really advanced Parental Controls that are controlled by an app. The parent can put the system into rest mode if they've played to long, and the parent gets a monthly summary of what games their child has played. In general it feels like a lot of software works off your phone instead of the switch.

Games:
1-2 Switch, a minigame collection like Wii Sports but more awkward.
ARMS, a fighting game like Wii boxing but with more depth.

Xenoblade 2
Super Mario Odyssey, complete with real people
Splatoon 2

the-pi-guy

Hoping for the bestest games.  

Sell me on the Switch, Nintendo.  There's a chance!  

kitler53

Hoping for the bestest games.  

Sell me on the Switch, Nintendo.  There's a chance!  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Aura7541

Legend

Come on Pokemon Star...
After playing my first pokemon game in 10 years, the 3DS ones are already everything a console version would be. Next year's pokemon being ported to switch is good enough for me.

Xbro

After playing my first pokemon game in 10 years, the 3DS ones are already everything a console version would be. Next year's pokemon being ported to switch is good enough for me.
Not saying you're wrong, but I wouldn't group X/Y with S/M. Sun and Moon is on a completely different level than X and Y
3 people like this

Legend

Not saying you're wrong, but I wouldn't group X/Y with S/M. Sun and Moon is on a completely different level than X and Y
I haven't played X/Y. What does Sun/Moon change from them?

Xbro

I haven't played X/Y. What does Sun/Moon change from them?
Better graphics, better region design, better storytelling, better characters, better pacing, better gym system, better HM system, better camera, better challenge.

Graphics is pretty self explanatory.

Alola is a lot more memorable than kalos, complete with better areas, islands, and trials.

The story was an absolute mess in X and Y. They tried to make a good story but it ultimately fell flat on its face.

X and Y had like 6(?) rivals which meant that none of them got enough screen time to get any form of real development.

The trial system was a huge improvement and a nice breath of fresh air. Every trial felt unique and was fun. The fire trial was absolutely histerical too.

They got rid of HMs and instead had similar use with riding pokemon. Not only was riding pokemon funner than using HMs, but it eliminated the need for HM dumpsters completely.

While there still isn't a free controlling camera, X and Y had some really terrible camera angles in some places.

X and Y was very, very, very easy. While Sun and Moon weren't I wanna be the guy, they still provided sufficient challenge. Especially that final boss. And Mimikyu.
3 people like this

SWORDF1SH

I'm looking forward to them revealing more.

I wish that Nintendo fans would stop obsessing trying to prove it's as powerful as XB1/PS4 and stop clinging on to every average 3rd game announcement on Switch.

3rd party is going to be weak and power of the console will be average but that doesn't matter. Nintendo look set to support it properly and the console has an interesting concept.

Xevross

Better graphics, better region design, better storytelling, better characters, better pacing, better gym system, better HM system, better camera, better challenge.

Graphics is pretty self explanatory.

Alola is a lot more memorable than kalos, complete with better areas, islands, and trials.

The story was an absolute mess in X and Y. They tried to make a good story but it ultimately fell flat on its face.

X and Y had like 6(?) rivals which meant that none of them got enough screen time to get any form of real development.

The trial system was a huge improvement and a nice breath of fresh air. Every trial felt unique and was fun. The fire trial was absolutely histerical too.

They got rid of HMs and instead had similar use with riding pokemon. Not only was riding pokemon funner than using HMs, but it eliminated the need for HM dumpsters completely.

While there still isn't a free controlling camera, X and Y had some really terrible camera angles in some places.

X and Y was very, very, very easy. While Sun and Moon weren't I wanna be the guy, they still provided sufficient challenge. Especially that final boss. And Mimikyu.
Agree with every single part of this. Final boss and mimikyu stand out as being quite hard. I literally just finished Sun and I love it so much, it was loads better than Y which I did like a lot. The story of Sun is amazing, the best pokemon story I can remember. The game felt so fresh in so many ways, I love the trials and grand trials in particular.

The only thing which I thought was not as good was z-types. I think mega evolutions are a much better system than z-type moves.

princevenom

im so hyped for this
dont let me down nintendo

Legend

im so hyped for this
dont let me down nintendo
When I die, I want Nintendo to lower me into my grave. That way they can let me down one last time.

Legend

4 days. What are we predicting?

Leaked specs are true. Wii U power when docked, $199.

Zelda a day one game.
Splatoon and Mario Kart also day one.

3D Mario and new Pikmen a few months later.

Pokemon Star teased for this holiday.

Not a single multiplat AAA shown.

darkknightkryta

4 days. What are we predicting?

Leaked specs are true. Wii U power when docked, $199.

Zelda a day one game.
Splatoon and Mario Kart also day one.

3D Mario and new Pikmen a few months later.

Pokemon Star teased for this holiday.

Not a single multiplat AAA shown.
They'll show the 5 year old version of Skyrim running.  They'll say it's the "remastered" version though.  

Aura7541

Numerous rumors are suggesting that the Switch will launch at $250.

Go Up