November 2015 NPD - PS4 1.539m, Xb1 1.296m, 3DS 350k, WiiU 240k, Some SW Up

Started by Xevross, Dec 08, 2015, 01:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

Bloodbourne being niche by selling 2 million?
Before the holidays too?
Could be closing in on 3 million eventually especially with those holiday sales.
Plus the 10 million digital sales.

Cute Pikachu

Plus the 10 million digital sales.
LMao
Anyway Niche would be bayonetta or disgea something no one hears about. Bloodbourne lots of people heard about it.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

darkknightkryta

LMao
Anyway Niche would be bayonetta or disgea something no one hears about. Bloodbourne lots of people heard about it.
Yeah, but people are scared of games that would be considered normal difficulty years ago.

Cute Pikachu

Yeah, but people are scared of games that would be considered normal difficulty years ago.
True True
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

BananaKing

its slightly harder than normal difficulty years ago. at least at the start. but then as you go along it gets easier. its not really that hard of a game.

ethomaz

its slightly harder than normal difficulty years ago. at least at the start. but then as you go along it gets easier. its not really that hard of a game.
I'm having a lot of trouble to finish the Chalices.
And the DLC at NG+ is fudgy crazy hard... it is the hardest From for me ever.

Dr. Pezus

For the normal gamer it's very hard. The barrier of entry is very high, and that is the main factor imo. Many stop playing when they encounter a wall

darkknightkryta

For the normal gamer it's very hard. The barrier of entry is very high, and that is the main factor imo. Many stop playing when they encounter a wall
That's exactly the problem.  It has a high difficulty in the beginning, but then it becomes easier after that, but most people give up after the first few hours.  Problem with gamers now a days if you ask me.

Raven

That's exactly the problem.  It has a high difficulty in the beginning, but then it becomes easier after that, but most people give up after the first few hours.  Problem with gamers now a days if you ask me.

"I wanna be a rockstar! I just don't want to have to learn how to rock."

Xevross

Sounds like 3DS only managed 350k. That's a pretty big drop for it

ZhugeEX

Sounds like 3DS only managed 350k. That's a pretty big drop for it
That puts it just under 16 million.

Launch aligned the DS was over 32 million at this point. So that's 1/2.

Xevross

That puts it just under 16 million.

Launch aligned the DS was over 32 million at this point. So that's 1/2.
Wow, so Japan is way ahead. Just shows you that the 3DS has been made to appeal much better to the Japanese audience. Most of the games that come out are suited to Japan.

DS was a beast, 3DS isn't necessarily doing badly

ZhugeEX

Wow, so Japan is way ahead. Just shows you that the 3DS has been made to appeal much better to the Japanese audience. Most of the games that come out are suited to Japan.

DS was a beast, 3DS isn't necessarily doing badly
It's not doing bad. But we're going from a dedicated handheld install base of 240 million last gen to one that won't even exceed 80 million this gen. Sony have already made it abundantly clear that a next generation handheld is very much out of the question from them. Nintendo, despite good hardware sales, have been unable to match the success of the DS or DSi and software sales have fallen to such an extent where the attach rate is embarrassingly low.

The NX needs to do something special next year, if there is indeed a standalone handheld device, as I doubt another dedicated handheld on the market can find success. There will be an estimated 1.75 billion smartphones & tablets shipped this year and that will satisfy the handheld game market easily with TV Gaming being the next logical step up.

Go Up