Casa Bonita review

Started by Legend, Feb 18, 2024, 07:49 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

South Park's creators bought Casa Bonita to save it from closing. Did a big remodel and I got to go today.

Food was a big downgrade. Everyone says it's so much better, but I think it's just people who don't remember the old food was fine. It went from all you can eat cheapest item at Taco Bell to a small portion of just "fine" Mexican food.

Sopapillas however suck now. Maybe it was just an off day, but they are dry and crispy with a honey already on top. Old ones were always warm and soft with a bottle of honey that you'd use to inject as much as you wanted. I didn't even go for a second round.

Fresh coat of paint over the environments however was really nice. They did a great job keeping it exactly the same in most ways while improving it in others. I miss the old skits the divers used to do but the new divers work just as well. Magic show was a big upgrade. It used to be a dining room that you might get stuck in, but now it's just a post dinner show.

I liked it overall. I'll miss the food, but it was always just a bonus anyway.

Legend

I went a second time and everything was much better. Food was good and sopapillas were good. I still prefer the old versions for both, but at least it's more of a sidestep vs a downgrade now.

Atmosphere and staff were better as well. Didn't get to see the magic show this time.

kitler53

does it still feature high school girls doing high dives?   ....i both enjoyed that and felt dirty about that.   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

does it still feature high school girls doing high dives?   ....i both enjoyed that and felt dirty about that.  
Casa Bonita, Lakewood, Colorado

Used to include weird skit shows that involved falling in the water as well. Now it's just the diving.