PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Legend

Last of Us 2 multiplayer leak
I'm not sure what I expected, but the player falling through the floor over and over was not it.

Xevross

So we questioned it but it does seem HZD PC is really just a big ad that pays for itself:

We're confident PC players will fall in love with Aloy and her world. Then, when Horizon Forbidden West arrives for PlayStation 5 and it's time to find out where Aloy's journey takes her next, we invite them to join along!

For anyone who's never owned a PS4, or those who've skipped on a generation or more, it's a great example of the kinds of games we consistently aim to deliver .

Legend

So we questioned it but it does seem HZD PC is really just a big ad that pays for itself:

Wonder how that will work for them. I imagine PC fanboys would never switch and non fanboys would by and large already be aware of Sony's first party quality.

the-pi-guy

Wonder how that will work for them. I imagine PC fanboys would never switch and non fanboys would by and large already be aware of Sony's first party quality.
Especially now.

I kinda don't think we will see many Sony games come to PC.  Unless they are just going to rerelease old games to make more money.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Aug 07, 2020, 07:50 PM Last Edit: Aug 07, 2020, 08:17 PM by Legend

Check out that likes to dislike ratio.

All but confirms that this and the Duelsense discussion have pretty much just been manufactured controversies. They are legit things to talk about and critique, but the freaking state of play yesterday had a much bigger backlash*.

*subject to current stats. Things may change as more communities discover the video.

Xevross

All but confirms that this and the Duelsense discussion have pretty much just been manufactured controversies. They are legit things to talk about and critique, but the freaking state of play yesterday had a much bigger backlash*.

*subject to current states. Things may change as more communities discover the video.
All of those 1.5k dislikes are Era members.

Xevross

Another insider on Era piping in on the Sony timed exclusivity talk:

Yeah, there is a lot of it coming and the scale will be shocking.

the-pi-guy

Aug 07, 2020, 08:54 PM Last Edit: Aug 07, 2020, 09:14 PM by Legend

*subject to current stats. Things may change as more communities discover the video.
Era: We will boycott this game, looks and plays like shame anyway.
The public: Wow an Avengers game and Spidey if I get the PS version cool I pre-order.

link because I'm not an...

Sauce

the-pi-guy

But yes. Echoing what Matt said. There isn't a major third party out there Sony failed to approach asking what kind of deals they could work out. Some had content, some had games, some had content and games. It is not like Microsoft was not willing to offer, they just didn't want to pay the asking price, because Sony approached with pretty high numbers in the first place.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/imran-khan-sony-has-locked-timed-exclusivity-for-some-huge-and-widely-known-multiplatform-games.263403/page-40#post-41953314

SWORDF1SH

Isn't it mostly for servers not handling the load?
Poopy head

the-pi-guy

Legend

Spoilers in the video

Xevross

Benji says about 8:50 minute mark that PS5 has another big game for launch that we don't know about yet. My money's on Demon's Souls.

Go Up