PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I never keep my credit card on file with Sony so they probably treat me as a new PS+ guy every year  ::)

the-pi-guy

I never keep my credit card on file with Sony so they probably treat me as a new PS+ guy every year  ::)
*Legend using a PS+ card*

Sony:

Xevross

Jul 25, 2020, 03:54 PM Last Edit: Jul 25, 2020, 03:56 PM by Xevross
So what's Sony's launch lineup looking like and when are the games we saw coming out? We only really got a date for Spidey and we know Astro's Playroom is packed in but that's about it. We didn't get 2021 dates for any games like Horizon 2 or Demon's Souls so we can't really be sure, even though we know Sony focused on early PS5 lineup apparently.

I was convinced before the show Demon's Souls would be launch and I think it still might be. So here's my predictions for games which got announced with the PS studios logo and some select extra:

Spider-Man Miles Morales - launch title (holiday 2020 confirmed)
Astro's Playroom - launch title (confirmed)
Gran Turismo 7 - late 2021/ early 2022
R&C Rift Apart - Mid-late 2021
Stray - early 2021 (2021 confirmed)
Returnal - early 2021, outside shot of launch title, could also be 2022 or later. Wild card really.
Sackboy A Big Adventure - launch/ holiday 2020/ very early 2021, it looks ready and DF said they think its been in dev for a long time
Destruction Allstarts - launch title, I think it has to be, could be the resogun of PS5
Godfall - launch title (holiday 2020 confirmed)
Ghostwire Tokyo - late 2021 (2021 confirmed)
Demon's Souls - launch title/ early 2021
Horizon 2 Forbidden West - holiday 2021

There's also Deathloop and Bugsnax confirmed for Dec 2020 also coming to PC (and PS4 for Bugsnax). That's 9 full PS5 exclusives published by Sony that could all release within a year of the console launch, it would be an explosive start. And there's time for more to be announced. Spidey and Astro as the only full exclusives at launch might be a bit disappointing but there's Godfall as console exclusive plus Kena and the two I mentioned earlier. If any others like Demon's Souls, Sackboy, Destruction Allstars or Returnal make it to launch then its looking like an excellent lineup.

kitler53

sony has gotten away form "announcing too early" as well as commiting to a release date until the last six months or so lately. a delay is only a delay if you commit to something. 

i think it is obvious that some of those games are amore than a year out but i also think most any of them could ship in the first 12 months. to a certain extent it will be a business decison to spread them out a bit. 

...but i mostly agree with you listing. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

Bought dmc5 for about 7 dollars and spyro trilogy for around 9 dollars .physical. Now I just need to actually play the games

Dr. Pezus

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered are your PS Plus games for August : PS4

Thinking about subscribing again to get Tomb Raider, NBA, CoD and Fall Guys in the span of a few days. Next months will also most likely be very good.

kitler53

i'm excited for fall guys.   it's the kind of game i want to play and hope is good but won't have purchased because i would be afraid of getting screwed by a lack of anyone to play with.    really the game should be free-to-play but free from ps+ is the next best thing.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

MW2 is available already.

Xevross

Why do so many people on Era have this idea that Polyphony take ages to make games? The longest they've ever gone without releasing at least a fairly major game is just shy of four years.

the-pi-guy

Why do so many people on Era have this idea that Polyphony take ages to make games? The longest they've ever gone without releasing at least a fairly major game is just shy of four years.
Well main line series they went 6 years between 4 and 5.  

I asked the same thing though.  At least one person threw out 2024 as a date.  Even though they've been cranking out GTs every 3-4 years.  

It's not impossible it'll take longer, but expecting a ridiculously long development time because "it's Kaz" is just trolling.

Xevross

Jul 29, 2020, 02:15 PM Last Edit: Jul 29, 2020, 02:19 PM by Xevross
Playstation Spain tweets about new PS5 info coming today? | ResetEra

I'm the first one to complain about random tweets getting a thread, but I felt this was a weird one?

Oye, @SonyEspana, nos han chivado que hoy las novedades de #PS5 las dais vosotros…

¿Qué podéis adelantarnos?  Click to expand... Click to shrink... 
The translation would be "Hey Sony Spain, we've heard that today's news about PS5 are on you... Something to share?"

Sony Spain (AKA I'm guessing the same community manager in a different account lol) hasn't tweeted yet, so so far this is weird.

EDIT: Actually Sony Spain retwetted it, so it might not be a mistake then.   
Seems like something is possibly happening today. Edit: probably just bravia TV news.

Xevross

Alright I think I've had a BOTW avatar for long enough. Next gen is coming and I need to switch back to playstation. Not sure what to go with though, any suggestions?

the-pi-guy

Alright I think I've had a BOTW avatar for long enough. Next gen is coming and I need to switch back to playstation. Not sure what to go with though, any suggestions?
Wait a few days.

Xevross

Wait a few days.
Spoken like a true insider!

Also yeah I guess so, I would want to make it related to whatever PS5 game I'm most excited about which right now is Horizon 2 but that could change.

the-pi-guy

Spoken like a true insider!

Also yeah I guess so, I would want to make it related to whatever PS5 game I'm most excited about which right now is Horizon 2 but that could change.
You wouldn't believe what I've seen.  

Go Up