PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

One Sony was fun. Stull unsure of anime being a core pillar though.

the-pi-guy

Mar 02, 2022, 03:17 AM Last Edit: Mar 02, 2022, 03:19 AM by the-pi-guy
One Sony was fun. Stull unsure of anime being a core pillar though.
It is probably easier to get into, than trying to compete with Netflix.
Anime is huge in Japan, of course. And it's growing quickly elsewhere.

It's a niche, but it's a growing and decent sized niche.  

Something hilarious though.

Crunchyroll started as an upload service, and primarily was hosting illegal content.

And now they've been acquired by Sony for a billion dollars.

the-pi-guy

Mar 09, 2022, 08:58 PM Last Edit: Mar 09, 2022, 09:02 PM by the-pi-guy

Seems like it's this:

I hope Sony can do better

kitler53

sony monetizes their games soo weirdly sometimes.

uncharted gets remastered with basically nothing more than a 60 fps patch to brag about: $10

returnal gets a massive update introducing online-coop mode and a new "endless" mode with the tower of sisyphus: free

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

sony monetizes their games soo weirdly sometimes.

uncharted gets remastered with basically nothing more than a 60 fps patch to brag about: $10

returnal gets a massive update introducing online-coop mode and a new "endless" mode with the tower of sisyphus: free

Ghost of Tsushima had both lol.

SWORDF1SH

Mar 12, 2022, 12:12 PM Last Edit: Mar 13, 2022, 11:26 AM by SWORDF1SH
So I've kinda changed my stance on Polyphony Digital. I used to feel that they were getting long in the tooth and Sony should of kept Evolution studios over them. But the new Gran Turismo is unapologetically Gran Turismo and I love it. Plus I just played the new Forza Horizon and I'm not sure about it. It's like they are trying to stuff as many 'cool' things as possible into a shorter time as possible. It's a bit OTT. Not only that but they make sure you know it happened.
Forza - Check out out this guy jumping off his bike and then fly with a wing suit
Me - ok
Forza Guy - Is that a guy in a wingsuit
Me - Yes it was
Forza - You beat a guy jumping out of a plane on a bike and then jump off his bike into a wingsuit, HOW COOL WAS THAT!!!!!!!
Me - I mean it was entertaining I suppose
Forza Girl - Was that a guy in a wingsuit? Just making sure before I send this text
Me -  :(

I know Forza Horizon and Gran Turismo are different but it makes me appreciate GT a lot more after playing FH. And it also makes me miss Evolution Studios because Motor Storm did the OTT style racing without all the nonsense and DriveClub did the more arcadey racing without all the nonsense.

Legend

So I've kinda changed my stance on Polyphony Digital. I used to feel that they were getting long in the tooth and Sony should of kept Evolution studios over them. But the new Gran Turismo in unapologetically Gran Turismo and I love it. Plus I just played the new Forza Horizon and I'm not sure about it. It's like they are trying to stuff as many 'cool' things as possible into a shorter time as possible. It's a bit OTT. Not only that but they make sure you know it happened.
Forza - Check out out this guy jumping off his bike and then fly with a wing suit
Me - ok
Forza Guy - Is that a guy in a wingsuit
Me - Yes it was
Forza - You beat a guy jumping out of a plane on a bike and then jump off his bike into a wingsuit, HOW COOL WAS THAT!!!!!!!
Me - I mean it was entertaining I suppose
Forza Girl - Was that a guy in a wingsuit? Just making sure before I send this text
Me -  :(

I know Forza Horizon and Gran Turismo are different but it makes me appreciate GT a lot more after playing FH. And it also makes me miss Evolution Studios because Motor Storm did the OTT style racing without all the nonsense and DriveClub did the more arcadey racing without all the nonsense.
The first Forza Horizon is still the best. It was just a fun world to explore and live in, with less of the over the top craziness.

Plus it was set in the best location...

BananaKing

Its so annoying the PS+ collection can't be redeemed on PS4.

I just realized fallout 4 is on there. I was just about to buy it today because I saw on offer. But also coincidentally knew it was on the PS+ collection.

the-pi-guy

I feel like Sony is pushing too hard to make Horizon a thing.

That might sound weird, it is a big IP, the first game sold massively. But it's weird to me that after the first game, they started making 2 more Horizon games right off the bat. (Call of the Mountain, Forbidden West) And some of the things that they've said about Horizon, it feels like they want this to be a bigger franchise, and I don't mean sales wise. I think they have said things with the VR game about making an extended universe.

I haven't played Horizon FW yet, so that probably is altering my perception. I liked the first game, but I don't know if I am ready for like 5 more games that are going in very different directions.

the-pi-guy

darkknightkryta

Crunchyroll started as an upload service, and primarily was hosting illegal content.
I remember this back in university.  But yeah, anime is huge.  Would I call it mainstream?  Maybe.  But whoever does like anime tend to go all in on it.  Its very stable.

the-pi-guy

Apr 25, 2022, 11:55 PM Last Edit: Apr 26, 2022, 12:13 AM by the-pi-guy
tg8Rxc.jpg

(Probably more source code archival and not consumer facing preservation)

the-pi-guy

Seems Shinobi likes the Jak games.  8)

SWORDF1SH

What did the Crashmeister do?

the-pi-guy

Go Up