Sony CEO Kenichiro Yoshida has said the company’s planned acquisition of Bungie “represents a major step forward in becoming more multiplatform”

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, May 18, 2022, 03:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Sony: Acquisition of Bungie Represents a Major Step Forward in Becoming More Multiplatform - Push Square

Sony has hinted a number of times in recent years that it feels restricted by PlayStation hardware. In an interview late last year, group president Jim Ryan said that he's "frustrated" that the company's first-party games reach a relatively small audience. "I think some of the art our studios are making is some of the finest entertainment in the world, and to gate the audience frustrates me," he admitted. "I'd love to see a world where hundreds of millions of people can enjoy those games."
Kenichiro Yoshida has hinted that the company's acquisition of Bungie represents a "major step forward in becoming more multiplatform". As previously announced, the Destiny developer will retain its independence adjacent to PlayStation Studios, meaning that its games will continue to launch on all viable platforms - including Xbox, PC, and mobile.