XBox: 0.68
Other: 1

YoY:
Switch: -16%
3DS: -49%
PS4: +42%
XBox: -3%
Other: -59%

• Marvel's Spider-Man (2.6-3M w/o bundles)
  • NBA 2K19 (best sports game launch ever)
  • Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
  • FIFA 19^
  • Shadow Of The Tomb Raider
  • Madden NFL 19^
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Destiny 2^
  • Super Mario Party*
  • NHL 19
  • Dragon Quest XI: Echoes Of An Elusive Age
  • WWE 2K19
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Mario Kart 8*
  • Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Striker
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
  • Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy^
  • Super Mario Odyssey*
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  • Minecraft*

Xevross

Xbox had a terrible month. Mario Party being in third place shows multiplats like Tomb Raider flopped hard. Spidey is a beast, Benji saying sales are huge, and to beat NBA by a mile is very impressive.

the-pi-guy

Xevross

Spidey must be huge .
The hugest. Really impressed with Mario Party taking third with two days of physical only.

Xevross

Legend

Huge ps4 month. Is it on track to be up from last year?

Mario party having some power too!

Xevross

Huge ps4 month. Is it on track to be up from last year?

Mario party having some power too!
By my records PS4 sold ~2.49M Jan-Sept last year and ~2.71M this year. So decently up. October isn't looking good though apparently, needs a big Red Dead boost. If they go $199 around black friday again with more stock this time I can see them saying up YOY.

Kerotan

Mega ps4 sales.

Decent switch.

crud xbox.

October will be big aswell but it's a 4 week month so naturally will be down on this month.

November huge and bigger then December. Switch might have a bigger December then January though.

Xevross

Oct 23, 2018, 10:31 PM Last Edit: Oct 23, 2018, 10:35 PM by Xevross
RANKINGS
Physical and Full Game Digital for publishers in the Digital Leader Panel, ranked on dollar sales
  • Marvel's Spider-Man
  • NBA 2K19
  • Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
  • FIFA 19^
  • Shadow Of The Tomb Raider
  • Madden NFL 19^
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Destiny 2^
  • Super Mario Party*
  • NHL 19
  • Dragon Quest XI: Echoes Of An Elusive Age
  • WWE 2K19
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Mario Kart 8*
  • Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Striker
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
  • Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy^
  • Super Mario Odyssey*
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  • Minecraft*

* Digital sales not included
^ PC digital sales not included

Marvel's Spider-Man breaks PlayStation exclusive record:
Marvel's Spider-Man achieved the highest launch month dollar sales for any PlayStation exclusive in history, and is the seventh largest launch ever achieved by any game on any PlayStation platform.

Marvel's Spider-Man generated higher dollars sales in its launch than any other game this year and currently ranks as the third best-selling game of 2018, and the #8 best-selling game over the last 12 months.

Marvel's Spider-Man achieved launch month sales 37 percent higher than the combined launch month sales of all other Spider-Man games released since The NPD Group began tracking in 1995.

Forza Horizon 4 has the biggest launch for an Xbox racing game:
Forza Horizon 4 achieved the highest launch month dollar sales in Forza franchise history, and is the biggest launch for a racing game on any Xbox platform in history. Forza Horizon 4 was the seventh best-selling game of September.

NBA2K19 becomes fastest selling sports game:
NBA 2K19 debuts as the #2 best-selling game of September, and instantly becomes the 5th best-selling game of 2018. NBA 2K19 achieved the highest launch month dollar sales of any Sports genre game released since The NPD Group began tracking the industry in 1995. NBA 2K19 represents the biggest launch of any game in the NBA 2K franchise, and it is now the best-selling Sports game of 2018 year to date.

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey outdoes Origins:
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey appears at #3 on the September charts with double-digit percentage dollar sales growth when compared to the launch of Assassin's Creed: Origins a year ago. Assassin's Creed: Origins now ranks as the 6th best-selling game over the past 12 months.

FIFA 19 has biggest opening since FIFA 16:
FIFA 19 launches at number 4 on the September charts, with higher launch month dollar sales than any release in the franchise since FIFA 16, and the third highest launch month dollar sales for any soccer game in history.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider charts at #5:
Shadow of the Tomb Raider enters the charts as the fifth best-selling game of September, achieving the second highest launch month dollar sales for the franchise following only Tomb Raider, which launched in 2013.

Super Mario Party charts at #9:
Super Mario Party was the top selling game on Nintendo Switch for the month and the 9th best selling game overall. Please note that digital sales are not included in NPD data.

Xevross

Oct 23, 2018, 10:33 PM Last Edit: Oct 23, 2018, 10:40 PM by Xevross
Spidey being the 7th biggest launch on a PS platform ever is absolutely massive. Holy shame!

Edit: so what are the six above it? GTAV for sure, I guess the peak CODs as well like MW2, Black Ops, MW3? What else... Black Ops 3,  World War 2, Destiny?

BananaKing

Oct 23, 2018, 10:45 PM Last Edit: Oct 23, 2018, 10:47 PM by BananaKing
is the seventh largest launch ever achieved by any game on any PlayStation platform.

This can't be right? Your telling me it beat out some CoD games? I mean realistically the top 10 game launches on PS platforms is a list of either CoD or GTA.

Spidey being the 7th biggest launch on a PS platform ever is absolutely massive. Holy shame!

Edit: so what are the six above it? GTAV for sure, I guess the peak CODs as well like MW2, Black Ops, MW3? What else... Black Ops 3,  World War 2, Destiny?
I don't know if Destiny or The Division beat it. I think those sold around 6 million first week WW. And that has Xbox and PC platforms on it. Also it seems that Spidey's legs were monstrous. Because while launch week was amazing, it's months sales are flipping huge it seems

the-pi-guy

>Marvel's Spider-Man achieved the highest launch month dollar sales for any PlayStation exclusive in history,

Bigly

> is the seventh largest launch ever achieved by any game on any PlayStation platform.

The most bigly!!!  

Xevross

is the seventh largest launch ever achieved by any game on any PlayStation platform.

This can't be right? Your telling me it beat out some CoD games? I mean realistically the top 10 game launches on PS platforms is a list of either CoD or GTA.
I don't know if Destiny or The Division best it. I think those sold around 6 million first week WW. And that has Xbox and PC platforms on it. Also it seems that Spidey's legs were monstrous. Because while launch week was amazing, it's months sales are flipping huge it seems
Yes I expect the top is GTA and COD mostly, and Spidey absolutely fit in at #7, which is just nuts.

>Marvel's Spider-Man achieved the highest launch month dollar sales for any PlayStation exclusive in history,

Bigly

> is the seventh largest launch ever achieved by any game on any PlayStation platform.

The most bigly!!! 
Crazy that the first record has been broken twice in 2018 after being held by GTA San Andreas all this time.

BananaKing

Yes I expect the top is GTA and COD mostly, and Spidey absolutely fit in at #7, which is just nuts.
So what are we thinking?

1- GTA5
2- CoD BO2
3- CoD MW3
4- CoD BO1
5- CoD BO3
6- CoD BO4
7- Spidey?

I really really want to know sales numbers of it now

Xevross

Oct 23, 2018, 10:51 PM Last Edit: Oct 23, 2018, 11:20 PM by Xevross
NBA is the biggest sports game launch EVER. That kind of got swept under the rug. Yet, it got beaten quite heavily by Spider-Man. Cray!

So what are we thinking?

1- GTA5
2- CoD BO2
3- CoD MW3
4- CoD BO1
5- CoD BO3
6- CoD BO4
7- Spidey?

I really really want to know sales numbers of it now
Really hard to tell with COD since we don't know the xbox/ ps3 split. However, we know PS3 had 31% of MW2 sales with 1.87M as the numbers were released back then.

Black Ops sold 8.4M - 31% would be 2.6M
MW3 sold 9M - 31% would be 2.8M
BO2 sold 7.4M - 31% would be 2.3M

Hard to tell any more. WW2 launched at 4.4M and I bet more than half of that was PS4, so that's another 2.3M+. Black Ops 3 was leaked with 2.14M including bundles. Black Ops 4 won't count yet. The rest won't be high enough.

Edit: WW2 4.4M was retail only, so that's going to be way over 2.3M with digital included.

1. GTA5 3.5M+
2. MW3 ~2.8M
3. BO ~2.6M
4. WW2 ~2.4M+
5. BO2 ~2.3M
6. BO3 - 2.14M
7. Spidey

Unless I'm forgetting an obvious big game.

Edit again: if its including the Ghosts combined PS3+PS4 launch then that goes above, and Spidey is higher than BO3's 2.14M.