Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

Seems days gone is doing at least decent. It topped the UK chart for two weeks. Topped the Australian, Spain, new Zealand and I think German charts as well. It did pretty good in Japan too.

the-pi-guy

May 13, 2019, 12:11 AM Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 12:26 AM by the-pi-guy

Legend

Oh hey PS4 passed Wii.

PS4 still keeping track with PS2.

Switch and PS4 trade off every respective holiday.

PS1 started slow!

BananaKing

Oh hey PS4 passed Wii.

PS4 still keeping track with PS2.

Switch and PS4 trade off every respective holiday.

PS1 started slow!
I think PS1 started slow because it released in Japan only for a while.

Dr. Pezus

I think PS1 started slow because it released in Japan only for a while.
Yup

BananaKing

So days gone sold 150k~ in Japan so far, staying on top of the charts for 2 weeks. It was on top of the charts for 3 weeks in the UK so far (I think around 110k sold so far). Two weeks on top of the new New Zealand and Australian charts as well. It also was 1 in the week in Spain charts.  It was number 1 and 3 in France (two skus) in it's first week. (value wise, not units though) It
 was number 1 in Italy first week as well

These are also without digital counted.

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

UK Charts: Blood & Truth is the first VR game to claim No.1 | GamesIndustry.biz
Good stuff! Doesn't look like that translates to a ton of sales though but here's hoping it has decent legs

the-pi-guy

Best selling Bend game by revenue, and I think even more impressive 7th biggest Sony Published title.

Dr. Pezus

Best selling Bend game by revenue, and I think even more impressive 7th biggest Sony Published title.
Wtf. Didn't expect that

Zombie still sells

Xevross

Jun 20, 2019, 09:50 PM Last Edit: Jun 20, 2019, 10:02 PM by Xevross
We had May NPD hardware leaks earlier this week, these are the numbers:

Xbox: 86k
PS4: 137k
NSW: 216k

Compared to last May:

PS4 221k
NSW 166k
XB1 144k

Terrible month for XB1, yikes. That's also PS4's worst ever month. However PS4 does have an excuse as it sits at full price and is making big profits at this point, while XB1 is doing horribly while pushing big discounts constantly. Pretty mad how much XB1 has fallen this last year.

Meanwhile Switch is still flying, its the second best YTD May total for this gen (behind PS4 last year only).

BananaKing

Ps4 and xb1 are making huge profits off of software. What ever consoles they sell now is just extra. Talk about next gen has started and its normal after so long for console sales fo drop. Sure they arent great but they will still sell well enough and sell lots of software

Xevross

CTR 3rd biggest debut of the year in the UK with 66-70k launch week sales. More than 4x the launch of Sonic Racing. Split: PS4 66%, XB1 18%, NSW 16%. Good launch! Expected better from Switch version though.

Cute Pikachu

Jun 24, 2019, 12:32 PM Last Edit: Jun 24, 2019, 01:39 PM by Cute Pikachu
CTR 3rd biggest debut of the year in the UK with 66-70k launch week sales. More than 4x the launch of Sonic Racing. Split: PS4 66%, XB1 18%, NSW 16%. Good launch! Expected better from Switch version though.
Something tells me that Switch split will be bette worldwide. I expect PS4: 65%, Switch 25%, Xbox One 10%. Likely the only market that Xbox one version sells more.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

DerNebel

We had May NPD hardware leaks earlier this week, these are the numbers:

Xbox: 86k
PS4: 137k
NSW: 216k

Compared to last May:

PS4 221k
NSW 166k
XB1 144k

Terrible month for XB1, yikes. That's also PS4's worst ever month. However PS4 does have an excuse as it sits at full price and is making big profits at this point, while XB1 is doing horribly while pushing big discounts constantly. Pretty mad how much XB1 has fallen this last year.

Meanwhile Switch is still flying, its the second best YTD May total for this gen (behind PS4 last year only).
I'm curious what PS4 shipments for this quarter will look like, since Sony still expect to sell 16 million consoles this year, if I recall correctly. Either sales are holding way better or are even growing in "second tier markets" or they have to be planning some sort of permanent price cut to get there later in the year, I imagine. Death Stranding, Final Fantasy VII Remake and if it hits its rumored February release, TLOU2 will be solid hardware movers but not enough to offset these drops by themselves, not in the consoles 7th year.

Go Up