Developer : Square Enix

Publisher : Square Enix

the-pi-guy

Trailer dropped out of nowhere:

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

https://www.pushsquare.com/features/preview-final-fantasy-16-is-shaping-up-to-be-a-ps5-game-of-the-year-contender

Whisper it, but Square Enix may have an absolute zinger on its hands. There will be some long-time fans who will likely take issue with Final Fantasy XVI's broadly action-oriented approach, but after approximately an hour of play during a recent preview event, we walked away with our jaw on the floor. If this extraordinarily high budget adventure can stick its landing, then it'll be a Game of the Year contender for sure.

darkknightkryta

I'm still out.  Playing a vertical slice vs button mashing for 40 hours.  I don't even think I'd be able to play Devil May Cry 1,3,4 and 5 for that long.

Legend

I hope it's good. FF15 had a lot of greatness but suffered as a complete package.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

I hope it's good. FF15 had a lot of greatness but suffered as a complete package.
I think it's shaping up to be the best single player final fantasy since X.

Legend

I think it's shaping up to be the best single player final fantasy since X.
Maybe it'll be the first final fantasy I play. (FF15 was my brother playing and I just watched the cool parts)

kitler53

I've never played a FF.  do I need to play 1-14 first?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

I've never played a FF.  do I need to play 1-14 first?
No.  :P
The games share lots of design elements, but  they're not related story wise. Unless you're playing one of the X-2, XIII-2, etc. Those are direct sequels.

X is one of my favorite games ever.

XII I thought was good, but it's been a long time.

XIII was bad.

Those are mainly the only ones I've put much time into.

the-pi-guy

Later this year, almost all of the Final Fantasy games will be on PS5, so that's fun.

Final Fantasy 1-6 "pixel remasters"
Final Fantasy 7-9 are available as psn downloads
Final Fantasy 10, 12 were remastered for PS4.

Only exceptions will be 11 and 13.

11 is an online game that is like 20 years old now, and I think is in maintenance mode. 

13, not sure why they haven't bothered porting it. Aside from not being as well liked... 

Horizon

Potential GOTY incoming? It looks absolutely freaking amazing.

Horizon

Go Up