Hollow Knight Silksong officially confirmed for PS4/PS5

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 16, 2022, 03:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

kitler53

Obvious but good to have confirmation. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

Amazing. I loved the first game. A hidden gem in PS4s catalogue and a possible GOTG contender.

Legend

Amazing. I loved the first game. A hidden gem in PS4s catalogue and a possible GOTG contender.
I still need to play it. How similar is it to Super Metroid?

BananaKing

I honestly don't know as I never played it.

But from what I understand its a lot lengthier than the last metroid

the-pi-guy

Based on this post I've found, maybe very similar. Although I've never played Super Metroid.

The post

But yes you should play it.

I still need to finish it.

kitler53

i mean, it's a metroidvania so i guess kind of similar.  it follows the genre at least.

but in terms of raw gameplay i'd liken it more to a souls-like.  it has that "glass cannon" gameplay where you can kill things in just a few hits but also if you take 2 hits you die.   you need to play very defensively and very precisely to win.  bosses all have 2-3 "phases" and to win you basically have to learn the attack patterns and "tells" and attack/dodge/wait with precision or you will die.

Legend

i mean, it's a metroidvania so i guess kind of similar.  it follows the genre at least.

but in terms of raw gameplay i'd liken it more to a souls-like.  it has that "glass cannon" gameplay where you can kill things in just a few hits but also if you take 2 hits you die.   you need to play very defensively and very precisely to win.  bosses all have 2-3 "phases" and to win you basically have to learn the attack patterns and "tells" and attack/dodge/wait with precision or you will die.
I was getting pretty hyped, thanks for cooling me off.

Or maybe I'll just play on PC with cheat codes and zip through it  8)

kitler53

I was getting pretty hyped, thanks for cooling me off.

Or maybe I'll just play on PC with cheat codes and zip through it  8)
I'll just finish by saying I played but did not finish the original.  eventually I just burnt out and quit.  too stressful.  I did enjoy myself at times but I also hated attempting a boss for the 25+ time and not even getting close.  there was satisfaction in finally winning just like in a soulsborne but tbh I'm burnt out on those too. didn't and probably won't finish eldin ring. 

maybe I get the sequel but probably not.  it's a game i'd need to be in the right headspace to even want to attempt. right now I'm not even close...