TV Show Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

Worked out well for vivian. 

Near as i can tell netflix didn't fire henry.  Near as i can tell its liam or cancellation.  I'll take liam and a 4th season. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Started Amphibia based on recommendations (for people who loved Gravity Falls.) Owl House was the previous show, and for me that lived up to it. Owl House is amazing, and I'm hoping they stick their forced landing.

Not sure if I'll love Amphibia like I love Owl House, but it's off to a good start.

I've said it before, but I really like having Plex.
It's awesome.

I own everything on it. I don't need to get Disney+, Netflix, Hulu, Crunchyroll, HboMax to get the same content.

the-pi-guy

Legend

HBO Cancels 'Westworld' in Shock Decision - The Hollywood Reporter

Oops.

First season was so good yet I haven't even watched the fourth one yet. Guess it makes sense.

nnodley

Fourth was the best season since 1, IMO, but still not nearly as good

The direction the fifth was gonna go I think was gonna go back to season 1 vibes. But guess we'll never know now

Legend

Finally watched Foundation. Really really good imo. I love how smart the world building is.

nnodley

Finally watched Foundation. Really really good imo. I love how smart the world building is.
Yup loved it

I'm enjoying the peripheral on prime video too

Legend

Yup loved it

I'm enjoying the peripheral on prime video too
Maybe I'll try that one next.

the-pi-guy

Almost done with Amphibia. Will finish the last episode tomorrow

Wowza. Season 3 felt like a wildly different show. Not as consistently good as Owl House or Gravity Falls. But the big episodes know how to hit hard.

kitler53

Wednesday is amazing .

nnodley

Yeah I may start Wednesday tonight.

1899 was really good too

1899 still doesn't hold a candle to Dark. Dark is an absolute treasure of a show. Amazing in almost every way

kitler53

I haven't started 1899.  a bit disappointed that you're saying it's not as good as dark.  I mean,.. I don't know I expected it to be.  dark was sooo amazing.  but I was hoping for the best. 

I decided to start Wednesday first because I was on an ipad at my mother in law's house and figured 1899 would benefit more from the big screen I have at home.  but I'm absolutely in love with the show.  

i've been a bit of a fan of Jenna Ortega since I first saw her in "you".  ...but she absolutely nailed Wednesday Adams here and the writing is fantastic. 

nnodley

Nov 28, 2022, 02:34 AM Last Edit: Nov 28, 2022, 02:36 AM by nnodley
Don't get me wrong 1899 is amazing. But Darks twist and turns were so gripping and masterfully threaded into the narrative.

1899 has some really good twists towards the end

1899 has an amazing soundtrack. Which given how good darks was it's not surprising

darkknightkryta

My dad started watching Tulsa King.  Apparently Spike/Paramount is showing it.

the-pi-guy

Finished Amphibia.
I think overall:
Gravity Falls >= Owl House > Amphibia.

But Amphibia has some amazing highs.

I'd like to find another similar show.  :'(

Go Up