TV Show Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Wifey has been watching a show called Manifest.  

Really interesting premise, but that's about it....  

There are a lot of low budget effects.

There is so much bad acting and bad writing. Especially for a big show like this.  It feels like a lot of scenes, the writer has an idea of where they want to go, but has no clue how to get there.  Then you get awkward bad scenes in the middle of decent ones.  

On the whole, I feel like this show lived on it's premise.  

BananaKing

kind of sounds like community's pivot from show about community college to show about paintball fights.
You mean a show with excellent writing and paradoys to a show about silly jokes and a dean wearing costumes.

I still can't believe netflix removed the dungeons and dragon episode. Its the best episode in the show.

Legend

Wifey has been watching a show called Manifest.  

Really interesting premise, but that's about it....  

There are a lot of low budget effects.

There is so much bad acting and bad writing. Especially for a big show like this.  It feels like a lot of scenes, the writer has an idea of where they want to go, but has no clue how to get there.  Then you get awkward bad scenes in the middle of decent ones.  

On the whole, I feel like this show lived on it's premise.  
I kinda wanna watch it.

nnodley

i watched part of manifest season 1.  People seem to love it enough that netflix gave it a final fourth season.

i need to give it a go again

I'm trying to catch up on walking dead.

kitler53

manifest was in the top 10 for like 2 months which is massive for any show on netflix.   clearly a lot of people are watching it but from the trailer i watched i have no idea why.  looked pretty meh to me.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

>There is so much bad acting and bad writing

>I kinda wanna watch it.
>I need to give it a go again

Reset....

VizionEck.gif.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Inspiration4 on Netflix is really really good. I cried a lot.

It's fun how one of the people going up knows nothing about space. For example she thought human Moon landings were a regular thing.

Legend

Seems lots of people cried while watching. Even my dad teared up for the bit he watched.

nnodley

i need to watch it.  I hope this can be the beginning of getting more space flights and your average person being able to do it without it costing millions per person.  Straight up bucket list to go to space.  Like if this is the one thing i never get to do i hope reincarnation is real and i come back and get to go to space  ;D

Legend

i need to watch it.  I hope this can be the beginning of getting more space flights and your average person being able to do it without it costing millions per person.  Straight up bucket list to go to space.  Like if this is the one thing i never get to do i hope reincarnation is real and i come back and get to go to space  ;D
I'm lowkey nervous. The Challenger disaster set back non-professional space flight by 35 years. Everything feels so hopeful and optimistic right now but people felt the same way back then too. Even the kid from A Christmas Story was expected to go up soon.

All crewed flights are scary but this one especially so. They're going higher than any human since 1999.

But of course it should be perfect. I think over the next decade space tourism will become a regular thing. Private space stations are being built and missions like Inspiration 4 and Dear Moon can freely fly around space. Two movies are being filmed in space too.

nnodley

Watched the first 2 eps of Inspiration4.  fudge am i excited for the future prospect of space flight.  I can't imagine how it felt getting told you were selected to go to space. Legit excited.

nnodley

Man this season of survivor is starting off like hot garbage, imo.  Waaaaaay too theatrical.  I've never been the biggest fan of US survivor, but got really into watching the newer Australian Survivor which are soooo much better than the US.  So thought maybe i'd get into the US one more.  I'll continue watching cause its an interesting game at times but man most of the americans on this one are just stupid.

Legend

I haven't watched survivor in almost 20 years. Thinking about it brings back memories of the amazing race which I also watched back then.

Also made me think of Lost lol. I remember getting Panda Express on the way home from speech therapy and watching the pilot.

What makes the australian one better?

nnodley

I haven't watched survivor in almost 20 years. Thinking about it brings back memories of the amazing race which I also watched back then.

Also made me think of Lost lol. I remember getting Panda Express on the way home from speech therapy and watching the pilot.

What makes the australian one better?
I like the twists better on the Australian one plus it's very much like old school survivor mixed with the newer style of the way people do gameplay which was when the US one was at its peak to me.  People are just whiny on the American one anymore. I just hope the Australian one doesnt go the way of the US one.

But I'm willing to see how this new season plays out. Might get better once they get past the initial premiere where they had to talk a lot about coming back after being off for over a year.

Go Up