Mass shooting in Texas Elementary School

Started by the-pi-guy, May 24, 2022, 09:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

14 students dead, 1 teacher dead, shooter dead.

BananaKing

Crazy man. Crazy that this is a CONSTANT issue  

I bet we will hear the phrase "now is not the time to talk about gun control" from a shame head politician.

BananaKing

Its crazy that almost every parent in America probably has at least a small fear inside them whenever their kids go to school. Even if they are in a good neighbourhood/ school district

To all the parents on here, I hope your kids are always safe when going to school (and if course everywhere else)

the-pi-guy

May 24, 2022, 11:09 PM Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 11:12 PM by the-pi-guy

I bet we will hear the phrase "now is not the time to talk about gun control" from a shame head politician.
I bet we will hear that the shooter was mentally ill, all while those people vote against literally anything that might help mentally ill people.

We will also hear about how the solution is to arm teachers.

SWORDF1SH

Has anybody heard Darkness by Eminem he released a few years ago? Such a powerful song that highlights gun control issues. Was mostly ignored and he got slammed for being controversial and people ignored the message.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

kitler53

the republican stance is we need to allow more guns into schools by giving guns to teachers.  "only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun"

the problem with this idea is they think that shooters are rational humans that are afraid to die and will be deterred by the idea that they will be shot to death while on a mass killing spree.   the reality is that people that become shooters are not rational, typically have mental heath issues like depression, and the idea that they will be shot to death is part of the reason they went on a killing spree in the first place.   "suicide by cop" as they say. 

the other problem with this idea is that with high capacity guns and the element of surprise,.. even if an active shooter targeted a convention of highly trained cops on duty all with weapons the shooter could easily take out dozens of lives before being stopped.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

The school district had its own police department...

BananaKing

May 25, 2022, 08:12 AM Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 08:16 AM by BananaKing
I bet we will hear that the shooter was mentally ill, all while those people vote against literally anything that might help mentally ill people.

We will also hear about how the solution is to arm teachers.
Then there is clearly a mental health epidemic in the US that needs to be looked at.... alongside gun control. This isn't happening in the UK, this isn't happening in the Netherlands, Germany, UAE and SO many other places.

But of course sadly, guns make money, and thats all the US government cares for

the republican stance is we need to allow more guns into schools by giving guns to teachers.  "only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun"

the problem with this idea is they think that shooters are rational humans that are afraid to die and will be deterred by the idea that they will be shot to death while on a mass killing spree.   the reality is that people that become shooters are not rational, typically have mental heath issues like depression, and the idea that they will be shot to death is part of the reason they went on a killing spree in the first place.   "suicide by cop" as they say.

the other problem with this idea is that with high capacity guns and the element of surprise,.. even if an active shooter targeted a convention of highly trained cops on duty all with weapons the shooter could easily take out dozens of lives before being stopped.
I can come up with a billion problems with that thinking.

But the idea of giving a teacher a gun and telling them to shoot one of their own students is the dumbest idea in the world. This isn't what they signed up for.

kitler53

Then there is clearly a mental health epidemic in the US that needs to be looked at.... alongside gun control. This isn't happening in the UK, this isn't happening in the Netherlands, Germany, UAE and SO many other places.

But of course sadly, guns make money, and thats all the US government cares for
I can come up with a billion problems with that thinking.

But the idea of giving a teacher a gun and telling them to shoot one of their own students is the dumbest idea in the world. This isn't what they signed up for.

I mean yeah,  it's a dumb idea and it won't work. 

Those other places don't have a second amendment that half the country interprets as:
- anyone can have a gun
- any gun no matter how deadly
- no restrictions on capacity
- no restrictions on how rapidly it fires
- they can bring it anywhere they want to (including schools)
- government can't track who owns the guns
- government can't even mandate the owner has any training

Oh, and those other countries don't have "self defense" laws that allow any american to murder any other american if the "feel scared". 

To be honest,.. I'm surprised that our violent crime rate is as low as it s with that combination of terrible ideas… 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens