The gaming industry is dead. MS to buy Activision for 70 billion

Started by BananaKing, Jan 18, 2022, 01:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

Not joking.

fudge this company.

https://news.microsoft.com/features/microsoft-to-acquire-activision-blizzard-to-bring-the-joy-and-community-of-gaming-to-everyone-across-every-device/

Its official

fudge MS to death, they are hell bent on killing this industry

the-pi-guy

So many thoughts

• This sucks
  • Microsoft sucks.
  • What are they going to do with Activision?
  • What does this mean for Sony?

nnodley

Guess that's one way to get bungie back? Or are they independent now?

But yeah this is legit turning MS into a monopoly and that is not ok

Only good thing is if they kept a all activist on games on all platforms. Way to alienate players if they keep them exclusive

the-pi-guy

Guess that's one way to get bungie back? Or are they independent now?
Bungie stayed independent after Microsoft. Activision only published their game. Microsoft will probably own their IP again though.

the-pi-guy

To add, the deal will complete next year.

nnodley

Bungie stayed independent after Microsoft. Activision only published their game. Microsoft will probably own their IP again though.
Ah that's what I thought but I thought at first activision had them

the-pi-guy

nnodley

Jan 18, 2022, 02:29 PM Last Edit: Jan 18, 2022, 02:31 PM by nnodley
Guess if you can't beat the competition just buy everything else around them and then you win.

Though for me at least. I don't really play many activision games but I do here and there. But will still suck if they keep all those games to Xbox and PC

the-pi-guy

nnodley

As it should. This leaves what Ubisoft and EA and Square Enix as the only other really big publishers besides the console makers.  

the-pi-guy

As it should. This leaves what Ubisoft and EA and Square Enix as the only other really big publishers besides the console makers.  
EA
Take Two
Bandai Namco
Square Enix
Ubisoft
Konami
Bandai Namco
Sega
Capcom

nnodley

EA
Take Two
Bandai Namco
Square Enix
Ubisoft
Konami
Bandai Namco
Sega
Capcom

But are some of those really as big as EA and ubisoft? Square and take two for sure

the-pi-guy

But are some of those really as big as EA and ubisoft? Square and take two for sure
Depends on how you measure it.
Those are in order of revenue, Bandai Namco is twice as big as Ubisoft. BN has more assets than Ubisoft.

nnodley

Depends on how you measure it.
Those are in order of revenue, Bandai Namco is twice as big as Ubisoft. BN has more assets than Ubisoft.
Ah interesting. I don't really pay attention to BN and some of them. Most of their games don't interest me

the-pi-guy

Go Up