What are your firsts?

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 17, 2022, 04:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

• First game you've played?
  • First game you've gotten (if different)?
  • First game you've bought (if different)?
  • First game you've really enjoyed?
  • First Nintendo game?
  • First Sony game?
  • First Microsoft game?
  • First console you've gotten?
  • First console you've bought yourself?

Anything else you want to throw in.

Legend

1. I think the Nintendo 64s at mcdonalds or at the dentist? No clue which game that would have been.
2. Pokemon red on game boy color.
3. Lost Planet for 360 with siblings, don't remember the game I first bought 100% on my own.
4. Spyro year of the dragon
5. Donkey Kong 3D
6. Spyro year of the dragon
7. Fable/Halo 2
8. Yellow game boy color or ps2 if you want a console. We rented a PS1 a few times and then rented a PS2 a few times before actually getting one.
9. 360 I paid for partially with my siblings, psp I bartered off a friend, and PS5 was the first one I bought 100% on my own.

the-pi-guy

Jan 17, 2022, 06:25 PM Last Edit: Jan 17, 2022, 06:28 PM by the-pi-guy
First game you've played?

Don't remember for sure. Probably would have been either Super Mario Bros, Super Mario RPG, Donkey Kong 64 or Age of Empires 2. My parents owned all of these games.

First game you've gotten (if different)?

First game that was actually mine was Jak and Daxter. Was a gift for Christmas.

First game you've bought (if different)?

I don't even remember for sure. There were probably some Pokemon games that I paid for.

First game you've really enjoyed?

Uh, Super Mario Bros probably.

First Nintendo game?

Either Super Mario Bros/Super Mario RPG/DK64.

First Sony game?

Jak And Daxter

First Microsoft game?

Age of Empires 2

First console you've gotten?

PS2, first console that was actually mine.

First console you've bought yourself?

First was PS4. Previous were gifts.

Bonuses:
First game I bought launch week, Uncharted 3.  
First game I bought launch day, Skyrim.

Bonus non first:

My family went through like 4 PS2's.
I think one or two of them my brother tugged too hard on the controller and the PS2 flew onto the floor.  

One of them I recall randomly stopped working.

Legend

I forgot about Microsoft PC games. Age of Empires 1 was way before I got an xbox.

First game I bought launch week, Uncharted 3.  
Haha I bought Uncharted 3 at midnight and played it a bunch. The next morning I had a super late start at high school cause I didn't have morning classes on Tuesdays so I kept playing right up till the last minute and rushed to school. Instead of being late, I was an hour early. I should have taken an extra second and looked at the clock again.

First game I bought early was LBP Vita. The gamestop in Boulder ignored the release date and sold it once the shipment arrived. Heck my Vita itself was a week early because I had a special bundle. I loved Vita  :'(

kitler53

• First game you've played?

thanks to a much older brother I started gaming at a very young age.  while I can remember several of the commedore 64 games I played I can't reremembet which was first.  I'll guess it was the memory game in which a face did an action like wink and then I had to type in the correct sequence. 

• First game you've gotten (if different)?

every commedore 64 and atari game I played was my brothers as a hand me down. the first one that was "mine" was the copy of Mario bros bundled wwith my nes. 

• First game you've bought (if different)?

not really sure.  millions secret castle may not have been my first but it was an earlier one.  

• First game you've really enjoyed?

the commedore 64 game where a ball is let loose at the top of a tower and I had to put things along the path to direct and redirect the ball away from hazards to get the ball safely to the ground. 

• First Nintendo game?

mario

• First Sony game?

little big planet

• First Microsoft game?

gears of war

• First console you've gotten?

nes

• First console you've bought yourself?

gamecube

Anything else you want to throw in.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

First Sony game?

little big planet
Didn't see that one coming. You started on the commodore 64 yet never played PS1 or PS2? Or just avoided Sony games?

kitler53

Didn't see that one coming. You started on the commodore 64 yet never played PS1 or PS2? Or just avoided Sony games?
legacy Nintendo fanboy here.  had my GameCube,.. why would I need a PS2 when Nintendo makes the only games worth playing....

so no, no PS1 and no PS2*

*that was over my college era.  tbh I was playing a crapload if warcraft 3 lan party style.  but I did trade my GameCube for a PS2 for a month with one of my friends.  played all of the ratchet games and returned it without even considering playing any other game. 

the-pi-guy

My family was big on Nintendo and Sony.

We had every Nintendo console from SNES to Wii U. Every PlayStation.

Never got an Xbox, 360 or One. Technically we got a 360 for a month because my cousin was an a**.

Legend

legacy Nintendo fanboy here
How the times have changed...

My family was big on Nintendo and Sony.

We had every Nintendo console from SNES to Wii U. Every PlayStation.

Never got an Xbox, 360 or One. Technically we got a 360 for a month because my cousin was an a**.
As little kids we didn't have consoles. Just had gameboys and pc games.

Yet as my brother grew up he started to get teased for not playing anything popular. So eventually we got a PS2 for Christmas.

Once that happened, I've somehow owned every single system besides the xbox one.

kitler53

How the times have changed...

As little kids we didn't have consoles. Just had gameboys and pc games.

Yet as my brother grew up he started to get teased for not playing anything popular. So eventually we got a PS2 for Christmas.

Once that happened, I've somehow owned every single system besides the xbox one.
i've been clear on my history right?

i was a nintendo fanboy until wii was such a massive massive let down.  i had never spent soo much on a console after all the plastic junk controllers and everyone one came with broken promises.  i loved my gamecube even if the number of games wasn't huge.  the games that did ship were all-in-all pretty good.  the wii was super expensive and most of the games got worse.  that was the generation where nintendo changed course (imo) and took pride in being a garbage developer that failed to keep up with graphics, with online, with QoL features....