the-pi-guy

- Eye Tracking
- Haptic feedback
- 4K HDR
- 110 Degrees FOV

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Jan 05, 2022, 01:38 AM Last Edit: Jan 05, 2022, 01:48 AM by the-pi-guy

PlayStation VR2 and PlayStation VR2 Sense controller: the next generation of VR gaming on PS5 - PlayStation.Blog

Display method​   OLED
Panel resolution​   2000 x 2040 per eye
Panel refresh rate​   90Hz, 120Hz
Lens separation​   Adjustable
Field of View​   Approx. 110 degrees
Sensors​   Motion Sensor: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer)​
Attachment Sensor: IR Proximity sensor
Cameras​   4 cameras for headset and controller tracking​IR camera for eye tracking per eye
Feedback​   Vibration on headset
Communication​ with PS5   USB Type-C®
Audio​   Input: Built-in microphone​Output: Stereo headphone jack

kitler53

it's quite noticeable to me that the short clip of horizon VR has alloy in a canoe being paddled by an npc. 

VR is cool but also trash for gameplay.  

anyways, need to know more than anything if the media player will be updated for 360 and 3D video.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

nnodley

Jan 05, 2022, 01:50 AM Last Edit: Jan 05, 2022, 02:08 AM by nnodley
wooah did not expect this.  Horizon VR looks pretty insane as of now.  

it's quite noticeable to me that the short clip of horizon VR has alloy in a canoe being paddled by an npc.

anyways, need to know more than anything if the media player will be updated for 360 and 3D video.  
yep beyond the graphics for it looking pretty great, theres still the problem of most games not being able to be played like a normal game.  And so many people still have issues playing VR for long periods.

I just saw single cord setup. Which is gonna be so much better than current PSVR

the-pi-guy

You think the game will be on rails?

I doubt it at this point.

the-pi-guy

Doesn't sound like a simple on the rails experience to me...

Legend

Doesn't sound like a simple on the rails experience to me...
Firesprite is listed in the blog. Was their last game good with unique gameplay?

the-pi-guy

Firesprite is listed in the blog. Was their last game good with unique gameplay?
Personally never played. It wasn't a great game critically, but it's not an on rails experience.

the-pi-guy

BananaKing

dang. Big news today. 8 million for ghost and now this

Dr. Pezus

VR1 was seriously too complicated. I need to look up instructions every time lol

Legend

VR1 was seriously too complicated. I need to look up instructions every time lol
Did you remove the breakout box after every use? For me it was still just one cable to plug in or out.

the-pi-guy

I think this year will be what 2016 should have been for VR.

the-pi-guy

I bet Sony is going to cheap out on the headphones, aren't they?  

:'(