Started by the-pi-guy, Nov 10, 2021, 03:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

I don't do co-op. ::P

Spoiler for Hidden:

Fire Giant just killed me in 2 sweeps and I'm level 110.   :-[

I'm one fight away from finishing new game ++ and getting the platinum.

Spoiler for Hidden:
By that I mean my brother is one fight away from finishing new game ++ and getting the platinum. I just watch sometimes.

Legend

the-pi-guy

kitler53

only watched like 30 seconds because i'm only like 10% through this game and clearly this is going to contain spoilers.

..but i love that opening.   

it's the best open world game ever.  every game from now on will be compared to it.   it will go down as one of the greatest games ever.  this game sucks...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

This is just awful.

AI literally just responding to inputs

Watched like half of the video.
To be honest, agree with a lot of the criticism in the video.

#2 is my biggest issue.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>There&#39;s a big difficulty hike like 75% of the way through the game. And it&#39;s not fun.<br><br>

kitler53

why is that aweful?   that's part of what makes these games great.   the AI has always been very scripted.   it's what makes them both very hard but also very easy games.   everything is very deadly in the game and just one or two bad moves can kill you.   but once you figure out the enemy attack patterns and how to exploit them the game is dang easy even if severly underleveled. 

in other words,.. git good.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

lol
it's a catch-22.   to be fair it's probably not the same people complaining but...

...on the one hand games like horizon get put down for being a "checklist" sandbox. all those check-list take away the emersion and joy of discovering something for yourself and it's not longer a true open world game.  it's just a linear game set in an open world.   but...

...on the other hand games like elden ring get put down for being too obtuse.  there's no clear direction of where to go and you can easily skip or miss content if you don't google the game to get the "checklist" of activities you are supposed to have found...

Legend

lol
I applaud Elden Ring for being so unguided.

Not sure it handled the execution that well, but it might push bigger studios more in that direction. The unguided mode in Horizon Forbidden West is a joke lol. All it does is remove the quest objective text from the screen if nothing is changing.

it's a catch-22.   to be fair it's probably not the same people complaining but...

...on the one hand games like horizon get put down for being a "checklist" sandbox. all those check-list take away the emersion and joy of discovering something for yourself and it's not longer a true open world game.  it's just a linear game set in an open world.   but...

...on the other hand games like elden ring get put down for being too obtuse.  there's no clear direction of where to go and you can easily skip or miss content if you don't google the game to get the "checklist" of activities you are supposed to have found...
Deathloop was awesome because half way through the game the quest log stops. It guides you every step in the tutorial but towards the end the only objective is essentially "beat the game." I used pencil and paper to keep track of codes and points of interest.

Wasn't till I beat the game that I found it it was just a glitch lol.

I wish more games treated combat and progression as equally learnable. Have tutorials/guides when needed but step back enough for the player to figure out some things on their own. It's ok if a small amount of content is missed as long as the game doesn't punish you for it.

the-pi-guy

I kind of feel like it'd lose something if a lot more developers went that route.

the-pi-guy

One weird thing.

I feel like with all of the other Souls games, that I slowly get better at the games. I get closer to beating the boss, I have an easier time making it through everything. 

But I don't feel that happening with this game. I feel like I am winning because I got lucky moreso.  And I don't really like it. 

I don't really know what it is.

kitler53

One weird thing.

I feel like with all of the other Souls games, that I slowly get better at the games. I get closer to beating the boss, I have an easier time making it through everything.  

But I don't feel that happening with this game. I feel like I am winning because I got lucky moreso.  And I don't really like it.  

I don't really know what it is.
can't say i share you outlook.  i'm playing this exclusively in co-op and we are steam rolling the game.  we're overleveling the areas very very fast.   if it wasn't for pvp i don't now that we'd ever die.

the-pi-guy

can't say i share you outlook.  i'm playing this exclusively in co-op and we are steam rolling the game.  we're overleveling the areas very very fast.   if it wasn't for pvp i don't now that we'd ever die.
How far in the game are you?
The last 15% of the game is substantially harder boss wise.

kitler53

How far in the game are you?
The last 15% of the game is substantially harder boss wise.
we are very much avoiding anything spoilery so I can't say for sure.  I'm guessing 25%?   

we're in liurnia atm. 

the-pi-guy

Go Up