XBOX COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Slayer, Sep 05, 2014, 02:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

May 02, 2023, 05:35 PM Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 05:41 PM by the-pi-guy

Phil Spencer is trending on Twitter for negative reasons and the series x subreddit isn't too happy either.

Are yall seeing this sentiment in your circles too? Hopefully Xbox has a good NotE3 show to restore some confidence.
There's quite a bit of panicking.

There's even a thread on VGC about "do we really need Xbox?"

Even quite a few Xbox fans there, seem to dislike how Xbox is rolling right now.  

kitler53

May 02, 2023, 06:30 PM Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 06:36 PM by kitler53
Phil Spencer is trending on Twitter for negative reasons and the series x subreddit isn't too happy either.

Are yall seeing this sentiment in your circles too? Hopefully Xbox has a good NotE3 show to restore some confidence.
not sure how they can have the kind of conference needed to restore confidence.   they've announced so many games over the last 3 years that all seem to be more than a year away.  what else could they announce that isn't equally too fuking far out to fuking matter.  they won't be getting any brownie points for announcing games that won't launch until next gen...

the only way things work out for them is if they can provide updates to the massive number of games they've already announced (perfect dark, indiana jones, hellblade II, project mara, avowed, outer worlds 2, fable, everwild, elder scrolls) and put release dates on them no further out than march 2024.

There's quite a bit of panicking.

There's even a thread on VGC about "do we really need Xbox?"

Even quite a few Xbox fans there, seem to dislike how Xbox is rolling right now.  
i mean, no we don't.   

playstation, nintendo, steam, mobile is enough to maintain some semblance of "competition".   i mean, the existence of xbox isn't the make or break between monopoly or not.   part of me would love the idea of never feeling like i'm missing out for not owning the right hardware but part of me would also worry that playstation would get lazy and greedy without MS in the mix.

i'd prefer a world where xbox didn't die but also it was illegal for MS to aquire publishers and instead put their money to use building the industry up instead of locking it down.   ...so long as MS's version of competing is locking down 3rd parties via acquisition i'll prefer the senario where xbox burns to the fudgy ground.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

not sure how they can have the kind of conference needed to restore confidence.   they've announced so many games over the last 3 years that all seem to be more than a year away.  what else could they announce that isn't equally too fuking far out to fuking matter.  they won't be getting any brownie points for announcing games that won't launch until next gen...

the only way things work out for them is if they can provide updates to the massive number of games they've already announced (perfect dark, indiana jones, hellblade II, project mara, avowed, outer worlds 2, fable, everwild, elder scrolls) and put release dates on them no further out than march 2024.
Yes new reveals wouldn't matter unless they were established IP from established studios. Announcing a third Doom game for example that's set to release early next year would be good.

They really just need to show gameplay. Do a full horizon/gow live demo that makes the game look polished and fun. Avowed, Indiana Jones, and Fable could all demo great.

I'm not sure if I've vocalized this yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hellblade 2 is disappointing. It has ~10 times the budget of the first game and Ninja Theory aren't a super consistent studio. Without a good guiding hand from Microsoft, that's a recipe for disaster.

kitler53

Yes new reveals wouldn't matter unless they were established IP from established studios. Announcing a third Doom game for example that's set to release early next year would be good.

They really just need to show gameplay. Do a full horizon/gow live demo that makes the game look polished and fun. Avowed, Indiana Jones, and Fable could all demo great.

I'm not sure if I've vocalized this yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hellblade 2 is disappointing. It has ~10 times the budget of the first game and Ninja Theory aren't a super consistent studio. Without a good guiding hand from Microsoft, that's a recipe for disaster.
i'm mostly thinking the same thing.   that one "gameplay" video they released....

...looked really pretty.   ...but (and maybe this is just because i didn't play the first one) i didn't realize the game is like 90% cut scene and 10% QTE.  coming from a indie studio with a staff of like 10-15 it was a bit of a darling that a vast majority of gamers didn't know existed.   now that it's MS 1st party the spolight is going to shine a lot harder and i'm not sure this can impress.  to me it has "the order 1886" vibs to it as a pretty game in a neat setting with no gameplay that's probably really short. 

so in short,.. i don't see a "redfall" type disaster but i think the best case scenario for this is "gamepass filler" and not something that excites the masses.   and that's if it's good.  if it's bad it will probably get slaughtered even if the criticisms are a bit exaggerated. 

Legend

Core fans/fanboys just needed a few days to regroup. Everything is fine: Reddit - Dive into anything

(Just one example thread)

the-pi-guy

kitler53

Legend

It's been hours, you'd think they'd have replaced the picture by now  ::)

the-pi-guy

Little funny after seeing their name in the potential Xbox acquisition list.

Legend

I thought frostpunk was already on gamepass. Maybe it was just epic games since I definitely never bought it.

kitler53

Legend

Great way to make fans angry at microsoft instead of larian.

kitler53

Great way to make fans angry at microsoft instead of larian.
i wonder how many games skip xbox this gen because of series S.

Legend

Elder Scrolls 6 targeting 2026 if the judge is to be believed.

That'd be great if true. A decade since it was announced but it'd at least be this gen. (as long as it skips series s)

the-pi-guy

There's a rumor that Xbox Live base is getting replaced with a stripped down version of Game Pass Core.  

It seems like the idea is to give people a taste of Gamepass:

F1Mf8OQaYAAjCJu

Go Up