PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Team Asobi is one of the few devs I will spend $70 on.

Dr. Pezus

which one?

regardless I agree. it's a fantastic game and I really look forward to whatever else asobi does.  
PS5 game. The vr game was also great but not quite as polished. This one was just perfect, but too short.

kitler53

PS5 game. The vr game was also great but not quite as polished. This one was just perfect, but too short.
PS5 was too short but it was also free so it gets a pass from me.  also I didn't love the overtly ps nostalgia factor with all the game references and artifacts.  it distracted, imo, from the core game. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Feb 13, 2022, 04:13 AM Last Edit: Feb 13, 2022, 04:18 AM by the-pi-guy
Like 90% of my gaming on PS5 has been PS4 games but I don't really care. It's been really awesome.

It's really awesome that Dark Souls, Mass Effect, etc are all playable on PS5. Probably would have felt better about PS4 gen if I played them back when they came out, but it's really making PS5 feel really awesome for me.

Elden Ring, Horizon, God of War this year, it's going to be a good one.

I loved the VR Astro more. There were a bunch of levels that just made me excited about getting to play more from these types of worlds. I've never felt that strongly about other games.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>I want to see more under sea levels and I want to see more ghost levels. I want to see a lot more of the Astro world. &nbsp;<br>

the-pi-guy

Uh.

I really hope Astro is playable on PSVR2.

Astro made me feel nostalgia for 30 years worth of Mario games. I can already imagine what kinds of games they'll make.

Would be really cool if Team Asobi started branching out to other genres too.  Astrobot RPG, in lieu of the Super Mario RPG 2, I will never get.  ;D

the-pi-guy

Enter the Dragon's Nest with new Shadow Warrior 3 gameplay - PlayStation.Blog

Oh, and one more thing - Shadow Warrior 3 will be a PlayStation Now title at launch.
One of the first times a game has launched on PS Now.

kitler53

Enter the Dragon's Nest with new Shadow Warrior 3 gameplay - PlayStation.Blog

One of the first times a game has launched on PS Now.
interesting.    not that shadow warrior is a huge title but that's a pretty strange development.   wonder what has sony paying for this,.. the new ps++ service getting "leaked" early?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

So is Sony just never going to support VRR on ps5?

the-pi-guy

So is Sony just never going to support VRR on ps5?
Later this year I am sure.  

They are going to start rolling it out to the 2021 TVs next month.

the-pi-guy

Feb 24, 2022, 05:02 PM Last Edit: Feb 24, 2022, 05:18 PM by the-pi-guy
Jeff Grubb apparently talked about Project Spartacus. Posted by Kawngi on Era
Says it's coming soon.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Essential (PS+ as now) $10/month<br>Extra (Downloadable games $13/month<br>Premium ( full game trials for big new games like EA Play, &quot;classic games&quot;, cloud streaming, new games monthly. Includes extra/essential tier content. &quot;300+ game catalog&quot;)<br><br>I&#39;d assume that translates to something like $60/year, $80/year, $100/year.<br>

Cheaper than I expected I think.

Article is up

BananaKing

I just don't see the need for 3 tiers.

Just make PS+ as it is now. And PS+ premium/ultra  that has the game collections, classics, cloud streaming, and all that.

Im not sure why muddy things up with a middle teir

Dr. Pezus

Jeff Grubb apparently talked about Project Spartacus. Posted by Kawngi on Era
Says it's coming soon.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Essential (PS+ as now) $10/month
Extra (Downloadable games $13/month
Premium ( full game trials for big new games like EA Play, "classic games", cloud streaming, new games monthly. Includes extra/essential tier content. "300+ game catalog")

I'd assume that translates to something like $60/year, $80/year, $100/year.

Cheaper than I expected I think.

Article is up
Wait downloadable games? Isn't that what ps+ offers rn?

the-pi-guy

I just don't see the need for 3 tiers.

Just make PS+ as it is now. And PS+ premium/ultra  that has the game collections, classics, cloud streaming, and all that.

Im not sure why muddy things up with a middle teir
Yeah a middle tier is a little goofy.

Wait downloadable games? Isn't that what ps+ offers rn?
I think the intention is a greatly expanded Instant Game Collection.

Dr. Pezus

Started playing AC Valhalla since it's free this weekend and its honestly a snoozefest. Haven't played an AC game for a while but it just seems worse than they were before. Combat system is terrible, animations funny and character models look last gen. Cringe worthy plot so far and I could go on. Smh

Go Up