PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

kitler53

1000% saw this coming.  honestly surprised it took this long.  honestly, also surprised it's just generic colors and not a horizon forbidden west cover.   it would be a real missed opportunity to not make a limited supply of game release specific covers for their biggest titles.  soo much better than release a cover than a console.

also kind of mad about the new controller colors.  i put the red one on my xmas list and my son already spoiled it telling me that's what he got me.  i'd of asked for the purple one instead if it was there when i created my xmas list.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Cool. Back to the 360 days.

I forgot they came off.

the-pi-guy

Devkit at KojiPro

FGwVpM4UcAEvWIH.jpg-large.jpeg

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Not surprising considering Death Stranding<br>

kitler53

why wouldn't they have a dev kit.  

also thank God that design was not the design for consumers.   sooo ugly. 

Legend

why wouldn't they have a dev kit.  

also thank God that design was not the design for consumers.   sooo ugly.
PS4 devkits have a really cool functional look imo. They feel like something out of a science lab.

PS5 devkits look like what non gamers think a game system should look like. Also they're huge.

the-pi-guy

PS4 devkits have a really cool functional look imo. They feel like something out of a science lab.
I like the PS2 one, it just looks like a bigger PS2.  :P

PS5 devkits look like what non gamers think a game system should look like. Also they're huge.
At least they come with pizza slice holders.  8)

the-pi-guy

Me waiting for PSN black friday sales so I can buy Dark Souls 1 - 3 a third time like an idiot.  ::)

Also hoping for Ghost of Tsushima.  

Well it finally happened. Dark Souls 3 on a good sale.

I've gotten all 3 dark souls games 3 times now (PC, PS4 physical + digital).

the-pi-guy

Thinking about it, should try getting The Last of Us 2 digitally the next time it goes on sale.  

I assume there will be a $10 PS5 upgrade.

the-pi-guy

As it stands, I own ~85% of my library digitally.

Which is crazy to me, as I've historically disliked digital.

nnodley

I've ordered a cosmic red ps5 plate. Gonna be nice having something other than white or black

Legend

As it stands, I own ~85% of my library digitally.

Which is crazy to me, as I've historically disliked digital.
I'm ~100% digital on PC but I'm sticking with physical for consoles!

I have Cyberpunk and Prey for xbox. Immortals Rising, Watch Dogs Legion, Miles, Demons Souls, and Deathloop.
I've ordered a cosmic red ps5 plate. Gonna be nice having something other than white or black
Is it that visible in your setup? I really only see the front of my ps5.

kitler53

I"ve been 100% digital since last gen PS3.  I hate discs sooo much that I'll actively pay a premium not to have them like I did with divinity 2: was $20 at amazon but I paid $30 on PSN. 

BananaKing

Honestly I'm going mostly digital as well. Its just so much easier, and after moving 2 times and possibly moving again, buying physical makes it a pain.

Usually with games I consider "must have" i buy physical, but I think im gonna move away from that. Having an online library is just so convenient.

kitler53

i've got a slight concern with my digital library wrt to "what if sony bans my account".   i don't like that sony has that much power over me but also i don't do anything that ought to get me banned.  for now the times are good,.. if somehow i manage to get banned i'm going to be fudgy livid.   such is the gamble for not wanting to get my dog off the couch to flip from ratchet and clank to rocket league.   tbh,.. that's worth the risk.

nnodley

Is it that visible in your setup? I really only see the front of my ps5.
Yep console is in clear view in both places i usually have it.  

Go Up