PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Today was insane.  

Got an alert for a different 3080.  Checked the Nvidia one, since that's $200+ cheaper than all the others and it was in stock. Got there before the alert for it happened.  

Add to cart.  
Didn't think anything would happen, as it never happened the previous dozen times.

Page changes and asks for login information.

Asks for authentication via phone and asks for billing info.  

At this point I'm panicking because I've never gotten this far.  

And eventually, I get "thanks for your order".

I'm in disbelief.  Even hours later, I'm still checking my order status.

Some 10, or 11 months later of trying, I finally was able to order one and I got the one I wanted too. Was wanting the Nvidia or EVGA ones. The rest are ridiculously pricey.

And then I got a fraud alert. So I had to call someone and let them know that I wasn't forced into buying it.  Which was odd.  

kitler53

well, there's still a chance someone steals the package upon delivery...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Dec 24, 2021, 04:12 AM Last Edit: Dec 24, 2021, 04:23 AM by the-pi-guy
well, there's still a chance someone steals the package upon delivery...
You're my shining beacon of optimism and I love you for it.

(But for real, it's actually an in store pick up)

Dr. Pezus

You're my shining beacon of optimism and I love you for it.

(But for real, it's actually an in store pick up)
Someone could still pose as you and pick it up

Legend

Wow congrats!!!

darkknightkryta

Nice.
I was building out a computer for one of my students and holy crud at those GPU prices.  I didn't realize it got that bad. I figured stock was low, but like, things just stay sold out.  I was in disbelief when I saw a 2060 at 1000 cad.  LIke, WTF?

On another topic, I'm almost done Guardians of the Galaxy, but I feel like HDR is broken.  I obviously don't have a ps4 or ps5 copy to test with, but when HDR is on, everything gets dim.  Like, yes there's more dark detail, but at the same time everything is way dimmer than SDR, which is like the opposite of what I'm used to.  Doesn't help at a certain bright part of the game, it looks like the HDR was working as it should, but then dims down a few frames later. I also couldn't find out anything about it.

the-pi-guy

Picked it up a day and a half early.  

Will have to set it up later. But this is a huge thing and heavy too.  

the-pi-guy

kitler53

MS to buy steam soon?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

Legend

the-pi-guy

What was it?
Looks like IGN reposted their review:

Dr. Pezus

Looks like IGN reposted their review:

Wonder if they changed it

the-pi-guy

This PC building company Artesian Builds, in the space of a couple weeks got destroyed by their CEO.

- CEO acted like a jerk to a small streamer, and decided not to give the PC they won in a giveaway
- they shut down, and laid off ~50 employees

SWORDF1SH

Just built a gaming PC. Never been into PC gaming but just felt like building one. It was really fun to do and nerve-wracking at the same time. Went in with little to no Knowledge of PCs and PC parts but a but of research and a YouTube PC build tutorial saw me through lol.
Got a decent set up in the end, the GPU is a 3070 Ti and the CPU is a Ryzen 7 3800x.

Go Up