Say Anything About The Game You're Currently Playing...

Started by ethomaz, Jun 05, 2014, 03:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I'm glad you at least enjoyed Infra. I really liked it. What did you think of the factory puzzles? Working out the flow of all the pipes and how it operates? I really enjoyed those parts.
You completed the game in under 22 hours? dang I'm slow at these games. I spent over 50 hours on Infra!!!
I'm just too smarrt.

Factory puzzles were fun. I liked most but a few times I used the audio hint to know when I was done.

I love puzzles that are "real" like that. I wish it did a better job telling you the goal. Like in general you just assume you need to turn on the machine and fix things, but sometimes I was pretty aimless.

SWORDF1SH

May 26, 2023, 09:23 PM Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 08:01 PM by SWORDF1SH
Playing Photon Engineer which so far is a good little laser puzzle game. It feels loosely Talos Principle inspired but as where TP made complicated puzzle with simple game mechanics, PE give you a various but small amount of puzzle items to make the puzzles more complex. PE you have items to direct the right colour beams to the right laser pad using boxes, 90 degree laser reflectors, coloured laser combiners, splitters, split the combined laser back into the primary colours (unlocked so far). Also the main laser pads require a certain coloured laser or no laser at certain increments (6 increments a second apart) after pushing the button to start timer. So the first increment might require a red laser, second no laser, third green laser etc so you also have a delay laser item to assist with that. It's just a well made laser type puzzle game. 

How are you getting on Legend? You might not be as impressed as me but around level 10 it starts to get you thinking.

Legend

I only put in a half hour but it's pretty good. I like how direct it is; all the fluff has been removed.

SWORDF1SH

I only put in a half hour but it's pretty good. I like how direct it is; all the fluff has been removed.
Yeah that's perfect for you  ;D
Everytime you play a game, it sounds like you skip all the "fluff" if possible.

Legend

I finished Photon Engineer. Pretty good!

I absolutely loved the variety of concepts and ideas. Almost every level required a new way of thinking. Story wasn't bad either.

Yeah that's perfect for you  ;D
Everytime you play a game, it sounds like you skip all the "fluff" if possible.
I definitely skip the fluff, but sometimes it's hard to know what's important and what's fluff! What I liked in Photon Engineer is that the story is pretty small and minor but it's still an important part of the game.

Thanks again for the game!

Horizon

Playing Greedfall PS5 edition. It's a really solid RPG with really good writing,characters and story so far. Reminds me of old school Bio ware RPG's. Clearly can tell it's not AA but it makes me excited for the sequel as there is a lot of potential here.

BananaKing

Playing Greedfall PS5 edition. It's a really solid RPG with really good writing,characters and story so far. Reminds me of old school Bio ware RPG's. Clearly can tell it's not AA but it makes me excited for the sequel as there is a lot of potential here.
How is the gameplay?  It doesn't need to be great for me, but I want it to be at least fun and engaging enough to last me through the story and world

I want to play this but I am pissed because it was given away on PS+, but in my region they didn't give us the game. Which is battleship IMO as they gave a shaming game instead

Horizon

How is the gameplay?  It doesn't need to be great for me, but I want it to be at least fun and engaging enough to last me through the story and world

I want to play this but I am pissed because it was given away on PS+, but in my region they didn't give us the game. Which is battleship IMO as they gave a shaming game instead

It's solid and surprisingly not janky. In combat you have your swords, hammers, axes as your typical weapons but also these rings which do magic attacks. You also have a gun which you need to use sparingly but it is useful for stop enemies and doing serious damage. The game is broken up into open areas but can be quite limited and you'll definitely know you cannot venture to certain places. The enemies can also be quite tough as well if you're not prepared. I don't think it's a massive game either. Maybe 25 hours doing everything. The universe has a lot of potential so I am watching the sequel closely now.

SWORDF1SH

I finished Photon Engineer. Pretty good!

I absolutely loved the variety of concepts and ideas. Almost every level required a new way of thinking. Story wasn't bad either.

I definitely skip the fluff, but sometimes it's hard to know what's important and what's fluff! What I liked in Photon Engineer is that the story is pretty small and minor but it's still an important part of the game.

Thanks again for the game!
No problem. I'm really enjoying the game. It's borrowed ideas from other games but also done enough to make it unique (to my knowledge anyway). One of my favourite games this year.

Legend

No problem. I'm really enjoying the game. It's borrowed ideas from other games but also done enough to make it unique (to my knowledge anyway). One of my favourite games this year.
I went back to earn more of the trophies.

Can't solve 1 puzzle in a special way. I'm really stumped.

Also seems there is a secret I missed. Still haven't found it.

Which platform are you on?

SWORDF1SH

I went back to earn more of the trophies.

Also seems there is a secret I missed. Still haven't found it.

Which platform are you on?
I looked at the trophy list and I like these types of trophies which adds to the game rather than trophies for reaching checkpoints. I haven't played on my PC for a short while but I think I'm on platform 18 or 19.

Legend

I looked at the trophy list and I like these types of trophies which adds to the game rather than trophies for reaching checkpoints. I haven't played on my PC for a short while but I think I'm on platform 18 or 19.
One of the trophies is to escape in an unconventual way so I glitched myself out of bounds. Apparantly that isn't what it meant  :P

Legend

I kept thinking about this puzzle until I was 100% sure it was impossible, so I pulled up a guide.

I was right, the puzzle was 100% impossible with the tools at my disposal. There just happened to be another tool I didn't know about lol.

SWORDF1SH

The carousel platform on Photon Engineer kick my dog but eventually worked it out. Legend, how did you work it out because it felt my idea was a little crazy. I'll post an image up on Discord.

Legend

The carousel platform on Photon Engineer kick my dog but eventually worked it out. Legend, how did you work it out because it felt my idea was a little crazy. I'll post an image up on Discord.
I decided to just play casually without documenting my experience, but I think I solved that one pretty quickly. I had attempted a similar solution for something earlier.

Go Up