PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Horizon

After reading that Redfall piece and checking the jobs still available I wonder if Bluepoint are struggling to recruit because they're based in Texas.

the-pi-guy

"Why aren't PlayStation Studios recreating their engine? I was expecting a bigger visual leap this gen."

Legend

"Why aren't PlayStation Studios recreating their engine? I was expecting a bigger visual leap this gen."

Thos lazy devs

BananaKing

Man I would have thought this type of comment would have died down by now.

It was a thing during the PS3 era. But since then its became abundantly clear that engines are rarely ever  scrapped and the devs build a new one. It just is updated and has new features added.

Horizon

Sony are really unique in regards to their own engines. Most studios use UE or some other third party engine but most of Sony use their own engine especially the main studios. I feel like it is a major differentiator from Xbox and third party  

the-pi-guy

Jim Ryan was at the Square Enix presentation.

Legend

This is the first I'm hearing of a square enix presentation  :'(

the-pi-guy

This is the first I'm hearing of a square enix presentation  :'(
It's a final fantasy xvi launch celebration. Not a full Square presentation

Legend

It's a final fantasy xvi launch celebration. Not a full Square presentation

Thanks.

It's interesting that Final Fantasy has moved back to being a playstation exclusive. Would have not expected that after 15 went from an exclusive under its old name to multiplat.

the-pi-guy

Thanks.

It's interesting that Final Fantasy has moved back to being a playstation exclusive. Would have not expected that after 15 went from an exclusive under its old name to multiplat.
Sony pitching in big money to make it exclusive.

kitler53

just consummate this already...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

The Last of Us Part 3 sounds like.

the-pi-guy

To be honest, I'm feeling disappointed.

Not a single first party game I'm interested in, currently announced. The XDev games seemed to have disappeared or something?

Showcase did nothing for me. And who knows when the next one will be.

Legend

To be honest, I'm feeling disappointed.

Not a single first party game I'm interested in, currently announced. The XDev games seemed to have disappeared or something?

Showcase did nothing for me. And who knows when the next one will be.
I've been that way for a while. I will enjoy Sony's games once they're out, but even most of the unannounced ones aren't hype inducing.

the-pi-guy

The Last of Us 1, 2 were great, but I don't find myself wanting a third one.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing Santa Monica's, Bluepoint's, Asobi's next game.
But when are we going to see any of them?

Go Up