Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Bob Saget just passed.  :'(

Bob Saget, Comedian and Star of Full House, Dies at 65 - IGN
Bob Saget just passed.  :'(

Bob Saget, Comedian and Star of Full House, Dies at 65 - IGN
Wut. Rip. I wonder what happened. Suicide would be weird since he tweeted that the night before. Maybe sudden cardiac arrest

the-pi-guy

Our washing machine has been broken for the past week.

So we went to the laundromat, and it's kind of mind-blowing to me. To be clear I've been to several laundromats. Generally when the washer is out of commission.

It was a little different this time, because we have 3 kids. So there was a lot more laundry to do.  

This laundromat seemed pretty poor and they they were charging $3 for a small load. The largest load was close to $8.

Seems insane to me.

And terrible considering most people using the service are probably going to be poorer.

the-pi-guy

It's really weird to me when easy questions don't seem to have answers online.

Was looking up some stuff related to VR.

It's really easy to find that PSVR1 uses a 5.7" display.
Tech Specs  (US)

Googling: "PlayStation VR display panel specs" gives you this answer in the first result, and pretty much every link on the first page has this number.

The screen size isn't very important, but it's easy to find the answer.

Googling "Oculus Quest 2 display panel specs" gives you absolutely nothing. Google keeps throwing the resolution at you.
That seems like it should be an easy question for someone to open up a Quest 2 and answer. And yet there doesn't seem to be an answer. Or maybe my googling skills are failing me here. That's possible too.

Oddly enough, I watched two different tear downs and they both stop just short of taking the display from the lenses.

Legend

kitler53

Superbowl was ok.
at least it was close.  blowouts are sooo boring. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Can someone explain why the word "were" is so weird?

My phone constantly corrects it to "we're" pretty much every single time.
Google Chrome on my desktop is convinced it's not a word. It's giving me the underline, and asking me if I want to add it to the dictionary.

Legend

Can someone explain why the word "were" is so weird?

My phone constantly corrects it to "we're" pretty much every single time.
Google Chrome on my desktop is convinced it's not a word. It's giving me the underline, and asking me if I want to add it to the dictionary.
Strange.

Doesn't happen to me.

Dr. Pezus

Anyone else notice YT's ads just getting more and more obnoxious? Now I have ads every 3-4 minutes and even only 1-2 minutes into videos there will be ads. Some unskippable and most often 2 ads...

Legend

Anyone else notice YT's ads just getting more and more obnoxious? Now I have ads every 3-4 minutes and even only 1-2 minutes into videos there will be ads. Some unskippable and most often 2 ads...
I haven't experienced that yet. Wish youtube had a good competitor.

kitler53

imo youtube is often times unwatchable.   i say that as a guy that will only watch netflix/disney+ where there are of course no ads.    ...but the amount of ads on youtube is ridiculous.  i don't think it's fair to have 1:30 of ads in front of a 10 second clip.    

also i got an ad just yesterday from google.  it said, "miss the days when there were no ads on youtube? subcribe now for only $12 a month!".    fudge you google.  fudge you...   

the-pi-guy

If anyone needs lessons on the Midwest vernacular ;D

the-pi-guy

Reddit - Dive into anything

Spain and France ought to be more worried about Iceland than Russia.

kitler53

i was surpised to see serbia allied with russia in that map.   looked into it myself and they seem to be taking a more neutral stance than pro-russia.   they seem to recognize ukraine's sovereignty but feel it is in their own best interest not to participate in any sanctions and have "military neutrality".    

aka, we don't think russia is right but also don't want to get nuked...

the-pi-guy

Tom Scott has a video where he basically puts up science fiction ideas he's had. He puts a disclaimer that you're free to use these ideas for non-commercial stuff, commercial stuff he wants it optioned.

But to be honest, I feel like the ideas are too generic that he wouldn't be able to follow up on that....

Legend

Tom Scott has a video where he basically puts up science fiction ideas he's had. He puts a disclaimer that you're free to use these ideas for non-commercial stuff, commercial stuff he wants it optioned.

But to be honest, I feel like the ideas are too generic that he wouldn't be able to follow up on that....
All his ideas focus on the negatives of a sci fi future. It's sad that most sci fi atm is dystopian instead of hopeful like star trek.

I'd really love a sci fi story that shows a seemingly dystopian future but inverts the trope, arguing that present day beliefs are flawed and the "dystopian" future is actually a good thing. Lame example would be a sci fi future where everyone is hooked up to IVs and their brain chip just simulates flavor. At first it'd feel shocking and wrong but if it's genuinely preferred within the future society, who are we to judge? Maybe it's way better for the environment.

Go Up