Started by the-pi-guy, May 24, 2023, 03:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

• PlayStation Showcase 2023: May 24, 2023, 08:00 PM End Countdown
Go Down

the-pi-guy

May 24, 2023, 03:46 PM Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 04:18 PM by the-pi-guy

kitler53

going to be honest here.  i expect i'm going to be disappointed.   i'd love to be proven wrong but i think sony's "60%" investment in "live service" games is going to disappoint the hell out of me.  maybe the market will like it but i don't think i will.   i'm pretty burnt out by the live service games i have already played.  i just want to bounce from game to game these days on my own schedule instead of having FOMO with dailys/weeklies/season quests.   if sony wants me to play any of these they had better find a different business model than the "battle pass" thing.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

May 24, 2023, 03:59 PM Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 04:03 PM by the-pi-guy
going to be honest here.  i expect i'm going to be disappointed.   i'd love to be proven wrong but i think sony's "60%" investment in "live service" games is going to disappoint the hell out of me.  maybe the market will like it but i don't think i will.   i'm pretty burnt out by the live service games i have already played.  i just want to bounce from game to game these days on my own schedule instead of having FOMO with dailys/weeklies/season quests.   if sony wants me to play any of these they had better find a different business model than the "battle pass" thing.
Sony isn't reducing funding for single player games though.

4 hours to go.

Stream apparently starts in 3 hours, might be an estimate.....

the-pi-guy

Although I do get the impression that late 2023 will be boring aside from Spider-Man.

Legend

going to be honest here.  i expect i'm going to be disappointed.   i'd love to be proven wrong but i think sony's "60%" investment in "live service" games is going to disappoint the hell out of me.  maybe the market will like it but i don't think i will.   i'm pretty burnt out by the live service games i have already played.  i just want to bounce from game to game these days on my own schedule instead of having FOMO with dailys/weeklies/season quests.   if sony wants me to play any of these they had better find a different business model than the "battle pass" thing.
I'm in the same boat.

I love that Sony is branching out, but I doubt I'll buy a single one of their live service games.

kitler53

May 24, 2023, 04:06 PM Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 04:08 PM by kitler53
Sony isn't reducing funding for single player games though.

4 hours to go.

Stream apparently starts in 3 hours, might be an estimate.....
there is typically like 1 hour of "elevator music" in front of these live streams.

and i know they aren't "reducing investment" but games cost more so the same level of investment is still basically fewer games overall.  i'm probably must worried about the livification of franchises i like such as horizon.   i mean,.. i don't begrude them making a "monster hunter" game out of the franchise because it really does make a lot of sense but also,.. i didn't like monster hunter and i'll be disappointed if that's the totality of what we get for horizon for the next 10+ years.

the-pi-guy

there is typically like 1 hour of "elevator music" in front of these live streams.
Not always.

Horizon had like 5 hours of elevator music.   8)

BananaKing

Can we put a countdown on the threat title please. Thank you

kitler53

I'm in the same boat.

I love that Sony is branching out, but I doubt I'll buy a single one of their live service games.
i'll be interested to see how many of these live service games are free vs. being live service and still costing $70.   that's another likely thing to be disappointed about.

the-pi-guy

Can we put a countdown on the threat title please. Thank you
So demanding.   :o

kitler53

So demanding.   :o
you should have made the count down 1 hour late.   a hilarious practical joke.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

you should have made the count down 1 hour late.   a hilarious practical joke.
Nah this is serious bidness, we've been waiting almost two years for this.

We're going to pretend to be professional here.   8)

I'll save the practical joke for the VR Show

kitler53

who makes a poll where "4" is the highest...

the-pi-guy

who makes a poll where "4" is the highest...
Twitter only allows 4 options I guess.

Go Up