Unity lays off 600 more

Started by the-pi-guy, May 03, 2023, 05:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Era thread

Unity is cutting another 600 employees in its third round of layoffs in less than a year, The Wall Street Journal reported today.

The cuts equal about 8% of the company's headcount, and will leave it with roughly 7,000 employees worldwide.

Additionally, Unity is looking to reduce its physical footprint, cutting down its current 58 offices worldwide to fewer than 30 over the coming years.

the-pi-guy

Down about 900 employees this year, more including that first round of layoffs.

Legend

Hopefully they turn themselves around, but externally they look so mismanaged. After Hapax I'll need to really explore my options because I don't know if it's safe to dedicate another 5 years to Unity.

kitler53

Hopefully they turn themselves around, but externally they look so mismanaged. After Hapax I'll need to really explore my options because I don't know if it's safe to dedicate another 5 years to Unity.
lolololol. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Legend

Um wut? Of course you'll possibly be fired for publicly tweeting that. The tweet from Nichols seems like parody levels of hyperbole.

Not a good sign for Unity though that internal moral seems that low.

Legend

Not a good sign that Unity employees feel this way. Funny though that she tweeted this a few days ago yet everyone skipped over it to focus on her other tweet.

the-pi-guy

Um wut? Of course you'll possibly be fired for publicly tweeting that. The tweet from Nichols seems like parody levels of hyperbole.

Not a good sign for Unity though that internal moral seems that low.

Was meaning to reply to this.

I don't think it's surprising that they got fired for that. I don't agree with firing for those reasons, but it's not surprising.

I was more sharing because it just seems like a sign that internal morale seems to be pretty low.  

Legend

Was meaning to reply to this.

I don't think it's surprising that they got fired for that. I don't agree with firing for those reasons, but it's not surprising.

I was more sharing because it just seems like a sign that internal morale seems to be pretty low.  
I figured as much. Just shocked by that tweet lol.

the-pi-guy

Disregard I misread.