LTTP Inside, a huddled mass of contradictions

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Apr 15, 2022, 11:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Apr 16, 2022, 12:02 AM Last Edit: Apr 16, 2022, 03:56 PM by Legend
i mean, i've been telling my kid all day "boy, its a video game.  stop thinking so hard"

he's been asking questions like why the foot soldiers just appear out of the ground?   ..or how is that he can play as Leonardo on a continue when only mike and don were "sent back in time"?  ..or why does it just suddenly become night when i turn off the light in mario's bedroom?

i remember the car headlight one.  that just felt awkward as a gameplay moment because what you had to do was the opposite of the visual queues.  ..but the rest feels over-complainy.   it was fun.
First half was sometimes boring with the slow movement speed, second half was fun imo. 7/10 on my full range scale.

Maybe the devs don't want people thinking this deeply about it, but almost every reviewer did.

EDT:

On further thought, the "it's just a game" concept is a great disservice to the industry. Many games are simple entertainment and there's nothing wrong with that, but others really care about deeper meaning and artistic expression. If they attempt something greater, surely criticisms of their failures are warranted.