PlayStation Studios Development

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

@the-Pi-guy

personally, i think sony needs a few (or 1 mega studio) that pumps out indie level projects instead of AAA games.  games like journey and echochrome and fat princess have their place.   hell, games like ring fit and brain training and just dance have their place too.   Sony used to believe in a diverse eco system of games and i miss that.

i said in that other thread that these days i'm not all that excited about any games.  i guess i'm just tired of AAA only being shooters or open world and indies all being pixal art.   i'm over generalizing i know but where the fudge are the crazy different games like super monkey ball, patapoon, katamari damacy, boom blox, flower, echochrome...  we have all this power to do anything and games are more the same then ever.   even though i didn't love the game i have a lot of respect for fall guys specifically for trying something crazy new.

get a studio or two to focus on weird new ideas on a lower budget.   something is bound to go "viral" eventually.   ...and if nothing else you'll have plenty of ps+ filler to release.
What id love is for these AAA devs to take on smaller projects and release them between the big AAA games. Hollow Knight was created by like 6 people. Have 6 very talented people from GG start a small game, they can alternate between that and their main game and release it sometime between.

Games like hollow knight, Mario party, Mario tennis, bastion, journey, rocket league, gang beasts. These games can actually sell and be very profitable too.