PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

kitler53

Guerrilla move was good but it shouldn't be the norm, most studios have found what they're best at now. God of War wasn't too much of a transition either.
you mad bro.

Yes you do see a lot of similar games which was exactly my point and I see that as a good thing. People know Sony are the best at these games, if its a completely different genre then the guarantee is lost.

Also you are missing GT7 & Driveclub as top racing games, R&C, Astro Bot and LBP/Sackboy as platformers. Also an action adventure Uncharted is very different to a game like Ghost of Tsushima. The Last of Us and Spider-Man have very little in common.
i didn't mean to say that TLoU and Uncharted was anything like the rest.  But Uncharted and TLoU as pretty simular as you'd expect since they are both ND.  I said "a lot of third person open world games"  not exclusively.   too much simularity in their top teir games was my only point.

yes, i should have included GT.  Fair point but I probably should have also included Infamous Second Son.   

I excluded astro bot and lbp on purpose.  i'm sorry if you disagree but LBP 3 was a terrible game handed over to a studio not good enough to handle the property.  I don't think anyone can make a sound argument that sony even attempted to make this a system seller.  it was a mid-teir game given to a low-teir developer and it shows.    Astro bot was a great game but clearly a mid-teir effort,.. the exact kind of game i wish they'd make more of (see earlier post) but not a top-teir effort.

lol drive club.  clearly aiming for AAA but blotched.   this game never made sense to me anyways because GT is already such a huge franchise.   why of why did sony approve two sim racer franchises?!?  the genre is popular enough to need two.
Any RPG and FPS games from their current studios would be a bad move, imo. We're seeing some fresh stuff with their upcoming next gen lineup but they're still sticking with their strengths, I think its the right strategy.

i'm not saying i disagree with that necessarily.  personally i think days gone is the best example of a bad use of first party resources.  the studio didn't have a long list of prior games set expectations for what they are capable.  they worked on resistance and uncharted and syphon filter.   they really could have done anything from there.  I think they could have found more success by finding something a bit more unique in sony's first party line-up.   as is days gone feels like last on the list of games to play only if you already played sony's other third person open world shooters..

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens