PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

kitler53

Sep 04, 2020, 09:11 PM Last Edit: Sep 04, 2020, 09:20 PM by kitler53
Who said shipped? I said Sony was making 10 million consoles this year. We don't know how many they plan to ship by the end of March, that wasn't what any leak/ info has said.

Also yeah, each individual part in a PC is sold at a profit while a console is sold at a loss in total, so its way, way more value.
i did?

yes, but clearly that upward estimate was due to covid-19 clearly have a positive impact on the demand for video game products.   when sony made the lower forcast covid had not yet closed america if i remember correctly and thus sony's estimate was based on the rules for a "normal market".   but sony was crystal clear at the time,.. they expected demand to be lower due to higher price of the hardware.   thus i don't think it is unfair to expect a price higher than $400 for ps5.  costs will not have suddenly become significantly lower recently.  sony's adjustment was due to clear and measurable evidence of an increase in demand for video game products due to the covid lock downs and self isolation.
not so directly maybe but i was talking in context of sony's forecast warning to investors.  that has implications of being sony's shipped numbers as they would appear in quarterly financials.  

I don't think the Covid boost would be big enough to overcome a much higher price tag for PS5 to outsell PS4's launch.  
mayhaps.   obviously neither of us know.  

just an alternative theory,.. if you saw sony's latest financial the you'd have seen just how much growth digital games had vs physical games since the covid lock down.   it may be (in part) that sony thought the expensive disc version of the ps5 would be the leading platform but now believes the discless version and presumably cheaper version will be much more popular now that almost the entire market has suddenly become quite ok with buying games digitally.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens