PlayStation Studios Development

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

darkknightkryta

honestly i hope they arent. but with Spiderman being announced Marvel did say they want the best studios working on their games, and they are taking a new approach for their games. i think partnering up with Sony, a dominant force in the gaming industry and a publisher with great relations with third party devs, could be a big part of that strategy. specially if sony was open to it.

basically they would use Sonys experience and connections to make the games, make good quality ones, and market and publish them. at least for the short term to establish their presence in the gaming industry to a similar (but obviously not as dominant) as they are in the movie industry.
I'd have agreed if Marvel vs Capcom Infinite wasn't going to Xbox One.  I just think Sony secured the license for Spider-man games when they renegotiated their movie deal.  I mean, Spider-man franchise is the only other successful super hero games (There's Marvel vs Capcom, but that's a bit different).  So I would assume Sony would lock it down if they had the chance.