Multiple insiders talk about Xbox exclusives going multiplatform - Phil Spencer to address

Started by the-pi-guy, Feb 04, 2024, 10:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

When will MS address the rumors?

Today
1 (50%)
This week
0 (0%)
Mid February
0 (0%)
Late February
1 (50%)
Later this year at an Xbox event
0 (0%)
Never, they'll quietly backtrack
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Linked Events

Go Down

kitler53

omg,.. a quote from an era post that really got me.

Xbox stroked their social media insiders for years, and now they're covered in Jez.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

nnodley

Sony would maybe allow Gamepass if it only included their first party titles.
yep this was my exact thought as well

omg,.. a quote from an era post that really got me.

LMFAO that made me laugh

Wouldn't mind if the public outcry stopped this from happening though. I really don't want xbox to go the way of sega.

I honestly don't think the really high ups at MS would really care about the public outcry. They just want their money flowing and that ROI.  If that means xbox consoles are gone then that's what would happen, imo.

Plus the majority of the outcry is just from the whiney xbox fanboys that don't make up the majority of gamers.

kitler53

Horizon

Legend

i would take this with a grain of salt but...

Now that would make fanboys mad. Microsoft was heckn wholesome and pro consumer to buy everyone because fanboys expected cheap games.

kitler53

Now that would make fanboys mad. Microsoft was heckn wholesome and pro consumer to buy everyone because fanboys expected cheap games.
yeah, you can see in the era thread that a lot of those strugging off the multi-plat are not okay with losing day-1 games.

rightfully so really,.. MS's advertisement was very specifically day-1 releases.   not sure they can even take that back legally without getting sued.   ..especially for any games already labeled as day-1 gamepass like hellblade 2.   it's at least a bit different with games like CoD where no specific statement has been made about it.

kitler53

the prolonged silence speaks volumes imo.   

OP should make a poll.   When will MS address the rumor?

...at this point i'm going with the "end of February" along side the announcement of hi fi rush going to playstation.

the-pi-guy

the prolonged silence speaks volumes imo.  

OP should make a poll.   When will MS address the rumor?

...at this point i'm going with the "end of February" along side the announcement of hi fi rush going to playstation.
I added a poll, but no one voted.  

Legend

I voted, and I won!

Not a good post from phil though. Confirms that at least some of this is true, yet doesn't do anything to reassure fans. Gonna just get worse and worse while opinions fester. Next week will be fun.

edt: reading the series x subreddit, yeah this is depressing. Genuinely feels like xbox as we know it is dead and that sucks.

kitler53

well to be fair, the amount of time between me asking for a poll vs spencer's tweet was not that long.

dear god.
1. a week without addressing this....
2. it took almost 24 hours to write this tweet that only says "we'll share more later" is pretty terrible in this day and age. 

...at least i can stop refreshing era waiting for MS to say something.   

kitler53

feel like this is the most appropriate time to ever use this....

Legend

I just have so many random thoughts.

Will any company like Apple or Meta try to push in because of this? Both of those are big on vr and they might be willing to pay for vr ports.

I bought a whole bunch of gamepass because it was really cheap a few years ago. My subscription ends this summer, nice.

Crazy that people were worried MS would lose interest in xbox and dump them, but it was actually the opposite that happened. MS investing so much money feels like a death sentence in retrospect.

Crazy that MS struggled so much post xbox 360. First xbox built a strong fanbase and 360 easily won America. What made it so hard for them to go back to that winning formula?
feel like this is the most appropriate time to ever use this....

itshalohappening.gif

the-pi-guy

Crazy that MS struggled so much post xbox 360. First xbox built a strong fanbase and 360 easily won America. What made it so hard for them to go back to that winning formula?
Struggled to make meaningful games this gen + won that gen because of Sony missteps.

First 3 Gears games were made by Epic, first several Halo games were made by Bungie.

Both developers have moved on, and those franchises have struggled to be as good since.

Legend

Struggled to make meaningful games this gen + won that gen because of Sony missteps.

First 3 Gears games were made by Epic, first several Halo games were made by Bungie.

Both developers have moved on, and those franchises have struggled to be as good since.
Yeah literally trying to replicate the 360 is probably part of it. Tried to keep Halo and Gears alive instead of cultivating the next Halo and Gears.

It's definitely not accurate to say they won that gen in America because of Sony missteps. 360 did great in America, better than PS4 if chertz is even partially accurate.

the-pi-guy

It's definitely not accurate to say they won that gen in America because of Sony missteps. 360 did great in America, better than PS4 if chertz is even partially accurate.
Combination of factors. :P

Go Up