General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

What's broken with that? (besides the lack of users)
Nobody posts!

the-pi-guy

What's broken with that? (besides the lack of users)
It seems like it lags behind what's actually happening.  Not really that important...  

It seems like it takes like 5 minutes to register that a user is on, at times.  

Legend

Nobody posts!
We need more threads that can stimulate discussion.

It seems like it lags behind what's actually happening.  Not really that important...  

It seems like it takes like 5 minutes to register that a user is on, at times.  
Huh I've never experienced that. So in their profile or on post pages it'll show them as online but they won't be down there?

the-pi-guy

Huh I've never experienced that. So in their profile or on post pages it'll show them as online but they won't be down there?
Correct.
Sometimes after I log in, it'll still say 0 users online for a few minutes.

Online: 23 Guests, 0 Users (0 Buddies, 4 Spiders)  - Most Online Today: 47 -  Most Online Ever: 260 (Jun 12, 2018, 03:28 PM)
Users active in past 15 minutes:

Similarly when I click on Login  it'll show users a few minutes before they start appearing on the front page.  So the online stats might say there are 2 users online, but then the online page will show 4 users.

It's not really that important.  It also doesn't appear to be happening right now.  

Legend

Correct.
Sometimes after I log in, it'll still say 0 users online for a few minutes.

Online: 23 Guests, 0 Users (0 Buddies, 4 Spiders)  - Most Online Today: 47 -  Most Online Ever: 260 (Jun 12, 2018, 03:28 PM)
Users active in past 15 minutes:

Similarly when I click on Login  it'll show users a few minutes before they start appearing on the front page.  So the online stats might say there are 2 users online, but then the online page will show 4 users.

It's not really that important.  It also doesn't appear to be happening right now.  
Ok I understand.

That area is cached so it only updates every few minutes. The who page is generated when you load the page so it shows more info. I'll see if I can make it refresh more commonly.

the-pi-guy

Ok I understand.

That area is cached so it only updates every few minutes. The who page is generated when you load the page so it shows more info. I'll see if I can make it refresh more commonly.
It's really not that important.
I just started noticing it recently.  

Legend

Having a puppy takes so much work. She's growing and becoming much more independent but it's still basically impossible to get long stretches of time to fully dedicate to work.

Also I'm not sure I like having a feeding schedule. My previous dog always had a full food bowl and was trained to only eat as much as he needed so I'm used to that. I don't really like how this system makes the puppy sleep next to her bowl since she's wanting more.

the-pi-guy

Android is awesome.
Couldn't listen to YouTube while browsing, because YouTube wants you to buy a subscription.  

I updated my phone's OS a few months ago, and now it can do multitasking.  Split screen, YouTube and browsing.  <3

Xevross

Android is awesome.
Couldn't listen to YouTube while browsing, because YouTube wants you to buy a subscription.  

I updated my phone's OS a few months ago, and now it can do multitasking.  Split screen, YouTube and browsing.  <3
Plus on Android if your phone can't do something you can usually download an app that edits your phone so it can. You can customise with awesome stuff like Nova Launcher as well.

Dr. Pezus

Anyone here read books (that aren't for study)?

Thinking about starting the stormlight archives (Brandon Sanderson)

Legend

Only Jules Verne

nnodley

yeah I'm trying to start reading a lot more.  I've got a whole list of scifi and fantasy books I want to read.

Xevross

Extremely loud video!

[/size]

Over 100k people on youtube watching this livestream from the frying pan as it gets battered by Florence. The flag has been named Kevin and people are cheering him on.

Dr. Pezus

Extremely loud video!

[/size]

Over 100k people on youtube watching this livestream from the frying pan as it gets battered by Florence. The flag has been named Kevin and people are cheering him on.
dang. A bit windy today

the-pi-guy

Hulu is amazing.  

I think I had it for a while, and ended up ending my subscription.  
Then got an offer for $6 a month, for a year.  So why not?  

Just got an email, that they are extending the offer another year.   ;D

I'm like 90% sure, this is the second time they've extended it.  

So $6 a month for Hulu for 3 years.  

Meanwhile Netflix is costing me like $14, right now.  Still a bargain, but...  

Go Up