Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Tenet opened with $20million in the US and $146 million world wide.  Which is actually not too bad considering everything.  And if they keep the movie in theaters for long enough more and more might start opening back up so it should hopefully be at least profitable.
Eh it didn't really, WB are trying to make it sound better by counting 11 days as an opening. International opening weekend was about $50M, domestic was about $11M. Its still doing okay considering the times but only thanks to Europe really. Asia and domestic are a lot worse than people thought.

Box office insider and expert on BOT forum is projecting $350M for the total gross of the film, it could be super variable from here and legs could be much better than expected given no other films coming out, but its not going to go too much higher than that. In a normal release this would have been expecting $600m+ gross.

Xevross

Anyone seen Mulan? I heard some people say its good, some say its terrible. I'm not watching because I don't want to support that shame. Kinda hoping this fails for disney and loses money, it'll be interesting to see if they release numbers for the gross of this one.

BananaKing

The more i think about it the more i dislike tenet. Honestly at this point I'm feeling its a shame movie. The plot was just so stupid. The characters were one dimensional at best. Abd the villain was horrible

There where just a couple of fight seems that were somewhat cool

kitler53

Sep 07, 2020, 02:27 PM Last Edit: Sep 07, 2020, 02:30 PM by kitler53
Anyone seen Mulan? I heard some people say its good, some say its terrible. I'm not watching because I don't want to support that shame. Kinda hoping this fails for disney and loses money, it'll be interesting to see if they release numbers for the gross of this one.
don't have disney+ and I also don't want to support this shame.

the review I liked was the one that said it is following in the foot steps of star wars and marvel for being crud.  the plot and characters were cut to make room for visual effects.  sums up perfectly why I think modern disney is shame so i'm quite certain I will not like mulan.

The more i think about it the more i dislike tenet. Honestly at this point I'm feeling its a shame movie. The plot was just so stupid. The characters were one dimensional at best. Abd the villain was horrible

There where just a couple of fight seems that were somewhat cool
now that I've seen dark no time travel themed show/movie deserves to exist.  too much the disappointment.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

don't have disney+ and I also don't want to support this shame.

the review I liked was the one that said it is following in the foot steps of star wars and marvel for being crud.  the plot and characters were cut to make room for visual effects.  sums up perfectly why I think modern disney is shame so i'm quite certain I will not like mulan.

now that I've seen dark no time travel themed show/movie deserves to exist.  too much the disappointment.
Funny, I watched season 2 of umbrella academy right after finishing Dark and it seemed so cheesy and unrealistic in comparison

kitler53

Funny, I watched season 2 of umbrella academy right after finishing Dark and it seemed so cheesy and unrealistic in comparison
same.   i really, really like umbrella academy but the time travel aspects are not the focus or the part worth bragging about.   umbrella academy has style, and amazing soundtrack, and a refreshingly quirky unique set of characters.   time travel is obviously key to the story line but also not exactly the focus.   ..more like the prerequiste.   

in dark unraveling the mysteries of time travel is the "core mechanic" and done so amazingly well. 

Xevross

Mulan is a massive flop in China. Kind of expected given the last week but earlier in the year this was expected to be a massive movie in China. Overall seems Mulan will make a huge loss for Disney.

Tenet is doing well in Europe but below expectations everywhere else, particularly in the US. US performance is pretty dire actually, other studios are seeing this and are staying the hell away still. WW84 was trying to release October 2nd but now delayed to Dec 25th. I think studios will be constantly monitoring the situation and if it doesn't get better by even Dec then everything will be pushed back again.

Legend

Tenet was amazing.

Had issues with the early parts of the film but they are great in hindsight. Need to watch it again.

Only movie or game that actually handles time travel right.

BananaKing

Tenet was amazing.

Had issues with the early parts of the film but they are great in hindsight. Need to watch it again.

It was shame, good sir.

Legend

It was shame, good sir.
Best movie released in years.

kitler53

Mulan is a massive flop in China. Kind of expected given the last week but earlier in the year this was expected to be a massive movie in China. Overall seems Mulan will make a huge loss for Disney.

Tenet is doing well in Europe but below expectations everywhere else, particularly in the US. US performance is pretty dire actually, other studios are seeing this and are staying the hell away still. WW84 was trying to release October 2nd but now delayed to Dec 25th. I think studios will be constantly monitoring the situation and if it doesn't get better by even Dec then everything will be pushed back again.
given the shame show that is america's mismanagement of covid i wouldn't be caught dead in a movie theatre right now.

Xevross

Tenet was amazing.

Yeah the time stuff is so awesome.

Xevross

Seems like Tenet is doing so badly in the US that most theatres are actually losing money due to it. They agreed to put it in the majority of their screens and its doing nowhere near enough business to cover theatre's costs of being open on that many screens.

kitler53

Seems like Tenet is doing so badly in the US that most theatres are actually losing money due to it. They agreed to put it in the majority of their screens and its doing nowhere near enough business to cover theatre's costs of being open on that many screens.
weren't they losing money before too?   i would have figured this was more like optimism on both parts that a good movie could get people to go to the theatres.

Xevross

weren't they losing money before too?   i would have figured this was more like optimism on both parts that a good movie could get people to go to the theatres.
No, they weren't open.

Go Up