Hapax has gone cheddar

Started by Legend, Apr 01, 2023, 06:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

"Look at all that cheddar!"

Previously it was swiss cheese with holes everywhere. I thought I could make the swiss cheese work, it kinda produced a cool aesthetic for the alien ship, but it caused me way too many headaches. Fun to see the stars while inside at least.

So I went back to work I thought I had finished 12 months ago and I redid it. The holes from swiss cheese are mathematically impossible to remove so I decided to give up swiss entirely. The new algorithm is a premium sharp cheddar so while I can't as easily produce slowly turning hallways like in the green screenshot, I can still produce complex three dimensional flavors.

Even though I have to redo a fair amount of work now that I switched to cheddar, I'm confident this will speed things up dramatically. It's not an exaggeration to say that this problem and its knockdown effects have consumed the vast majority of my time over the past two years. I am not joking, I have literally had multiple nightmares about this.

Disclaimer: both screenshots are from development environments and are not representative of the color or texture of the finished product.

SWORDF1SH

I like cheddar so we good

the-pi-guy

I prefer Mozzarella on pizza.  

This is very concerning to hear.

Legend

I prefer Mozzarella on pizza.  

This is very concerning to hear.
Well good thing this is a video game not a pizza
Rockfrogs-confused GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

the-pi-guy

Well good thing this is a video game not a pizza
But if cheddar isn't good enough for pizza, how can it be good enough for a game?  

Legend

But if cheddar isn't good enough for pizza, how can it be good enough for a game?  
YARN | | | Video gifs by quotes | 0364e13b | 紗

Legend

Off topic but I didn't know the Moon was made of green cheese. I only knew it as the specific cheese from wallace and gromit The Moon is made of green cheese - Wikipedia