Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Holy shame, 200k consoles with 600k software??
660k software, that's a significant difference. Also we don't know how many of those 200k were smash bundles, and the week before was 50k anyway. Could be that the 660k pokemon sales actually 'only' accounted for a 100k boost.

Cute Pikachu

Nov 21, 2018, 04:43 PM Last Edit: Nov 21, 2018, 04:45 PM by Cute Pikachu
Holy shame, 200k consoles with 600k software??
Smash Bundle released but yeah, Switch is gonna have a crazy holiday. Smash week will be insane for it.
That games projected for an opening over a million(and the US numbers according to Benji are indicating the biggest debut NPD for a Nintendo exclusive possibly(2.7 Million+).
We will probably get Pr the Monday after since it'll be by far the biggest debut on the system.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Kerotan

PS4 pro still accounts for half the ps4 sales. The small price cut did the job. Now we need a price cut on the slim model to get it's sales up. Something tells me they'll wait till after KH3.

Cute Pikachu

Nov 22, 2018, 07:21 AM Last Edit: Nov 22, 2018, 07:30 AM by Cute Pikachu
PR for Pokémon
3 million sold to customers before first week is done. Excellent start and is on a similar pace to ORAS(14 Million seller).

Kerotan

Decent start for Pokémon

Xevross

Nov 22, 2018, 11:44 AM Last Edit: Nov 22, 2018, 11:51 AM by Xevross
PR for Pokémon
3 million sold to customers before first week is done. Excellent start and is on a similar pace to ORAS(14 Million seller).
Best Switch launch and in-line with ORAS is about the best Nintendo could have hoped for. Its an excellent start, lets hope legs are good!

Edit: I read that ORAS number didn't include Europe. So its a fair way behind then but still impressive. Install base is much smaller and legs should be stronger, plus the price is higher of course.

Cute Pikachu

Nov 22, 2018, 05:18 PM Last Edit: Nov 22, 2018, 05:20 PM by Cute Pikachu
It does look like it matched X and Y's launch everywhere besides Japan.
64k debut in Japan so a little less then Dad of War

Xevross

Nov 22, 2018, 05:19 PM Last Edit: Nov 22, 2018, 05:21 PM by Xevross
Switch is absolutely on fire in the UK, there's 4 SKUs in the amazon top 100, including at #1, yet there's not a single PS4 or XB1 SKU to be seen. For the month on amazon, Switch is at #12, #19, #41, #47, #57 and #88. Meanwhile there's a PS4 at #65 and XB1 is just sneaking in at #100. Also to add that Smash is #9 for the month and was comfortably sitting at #1 on the daily charts before all the BF deals appeared, its going to be a good launch here.

Amazon is the most significant so far, because GAME haven't started pushing many consoles with deals yet. having said that, the only deals GAME has pushed are Switch deals, so I'm sure it'll be the same there too. If this is any reflection on the overall market then Switch is dominating the holiday season here. You'd kind of expect that though.

Cute Pikachu

Also this is for Thursday-Sunday

Xevross

DerNebel

Switch is absolutely on fire in the UK, there's 4 SKUs in the amazon top 100, including at #1, yet there's not a single PS4 or XB1 SKU to be seen. For the month on amazon, Switch is at #12, #19, #41, #47, #57 and #88. Meanwhile there's a PS4 at #65 and XB1 is just sneaking in at #100. Also to add that Smash is #9 for the month and was comfortably sitting at #1 on the daily charts before all the BF deals appeared, its going to be a good launch here.

Amazon is the most significant so far, because GAME haven't started pushing many consoles with deals yet. having said that, the only deals GAME has pushed are Switch deals, so I'm sure it'll be the same there too. If this is any reflection on the overall market then Switch is dominating the holiday season here. You'd kind of expect that though.
Here's a hint: It isn't

Xevross

Here's a hint: It isn't
I think it is, there's been no deals on PS4 so far this month and barely any on Xb1, while Switch has had a new pokemon launch and plenty of deals. I don't know if its different in mainland Europe, but Switch is dominating the UK right now. That could all start to change of course if GAME announces some crazy PS4 and XB1 deals in 15 minutes.

DerNebel

I think it is, there's been no deals on PS4 so far this month and barely any on Xb1, while Switch has had a new pokemon launch and plenty of deals. I don't know if its different in mainland Europe, but Switch is dominating the UK right now. That could all start to change of course if GAME announces some crazy PS4 and XB1 deals in 15 minutes.
Have you taken one Single look at the yearly Amazon chart?

Xevross

Have you taken one Single look at the yearly Amazon chart?
How does "right now" apply to the whole year?

Edit: well since you asked I had a look and Switch was at #27 and there's no XB1 or PS4. What's your point?

Kerotan

Amazon is very biased towards Nintendo over Sony. Its definitely less then you think.

Not trolling Pokémon but isn't it amazing that a god of war game launched higher then Pokémon in 2018. Yeah Pokémon will sell better but in the past GOW wouldn't have come anywhere close yet alone beat its launch. Times are changing.

Go Up