TV Show Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

lol. I'll try and finish some of them this week if i can, then move to The Expanse.  I'm loving star trek season 2 though.  Some of the slow drama in The Expanse puts me off sometimes, but I liked what I saw in Season 1 and 2
It's worth it when things start really happening, like in GoT

Star trek season 2 is decent but still feels a bit amateurish in comparison

the-pi-guy

Mar 29, 2019, 07:02 PM Last Edit: Mar 29, 2019, 09:18 PM by the-pi-guy

----------
On a different note:
Rick and Morty has grown on me a lot. 

It went from a great show the first time I watched the 3 seasons, to one of my favorites with a lot of emotional attachment. 

Dr. Pezus

----------
On a different note:
Rick and Morty has grown on me a lot.  

It went from a great show the first time I watched the 3 seasons, to one of my favorites with a lot of emotional attachment.  
Rick and Morty is incredible

Legend

Cutting it close, but I have finished rewatching all past seasons of game of thrones. I am hyped!!!

One interesting thing I noticed this time around (no spoilers) is that a lot of stuff is repeated. Some times it is just a similar situation that is used for artistic reasons, but other times it is a full re-quoting of a line from different characters in a different situation. I wouldn't dare look this up online this close to the next episode, but it's really interesting having this repetition. The big example that made me really notice it was

Spoiler for Hidden:
Ned Stark as a kid is teaching someone how to fight/Jon Snow is teaching Ollie how to fight. Exact same swings and exact same lines.

Xevross

Cutting it close, but I have finished rewatching all past seasons of game of thrones. I am hyped!!!

One interesting thing I noticed this time around (no spoilers) is that a lot of stuff is repeated. Some times it is just a similar situation that is used for artistic reasons, but other times it is a full re-quoting of a line from different characters in a different situation. I wouldn't dare look this up online this close to the next episode, but it's really interesting having this repetition. The big example that made me really notice it was

Spoiler for Hidden:
Ned Stark as a kid is teaching someone how to fight/Jon Snow is teaching Ollie how to fight. Exact same swings and exact same lines.

That's definitely on purpose. Ned passed it down to Jon and he teaches the same way his father taught him.

Legend

That's definitely on purpose. Ned passed it down to Jon and he teaches the same way his father taught him.
It seems like it is more than that.

They wouldn't make it a 1 to 1 copy if it was just word building or meant to elicit an emotional response. It's more like the star wars poetry meme where Game of Thrones has repetition.

Xevross

Legend

Nice.

More people need to die though. Most of this episode was just people saying hello lol.

Xevross

Really great premiere episode. The best premiere for sure. Still only a premiere though, nothing too exciting.

Xevross

Game of thrones episode 2 leaked early and I watched it. Thought it was brilliant, way better than episode 1.

Dr. Pezus

Game of thrones episode 2 leaked early and I watched it. Thought it was brilliant, way better than episode 1.
Interesting. I thought episode 1 was average at best tbh. I fear that this season will be too predictable and Hollywood compared to what was more based on the books.

Xevross

Interesting. I thought episode 1 was average at best tbh. I fear that this season will be too predictable and Hollywood compared to what was more based on the books.
Definitely will be, but episode 2 was a big improvement over 1. Episode 3 is gonna be phenomenal.

Legend

#2 sucked lol.

Only had like one minute of important stuff. Rest was filler.

nnodley

these first two episodes were basically bringing everyone important together.  Next episode and on is where it's gonna be bonkers.  

Xevross

#2 sucked lol.

Only had like one minute of important stuff. Rest was filler.
If that's your opinion then what the fudge are you even watching GoT for any more? It was the culmination of 8 seasons of character arcs, perfect interactions between various characters and perfect sendoffs for those who seem likely to die next episode. Tied up most loose ends with various characters. Brienne being knighted is one of my favourite scenes in the entire show, so emotional and they nailed it. It was also perfect setup for the battle next episode.

What made game of thrones so amazing has been the character driven plot, the great character development and the interactions between these intelligent characters. This episode was a return to form in that regard and it nailed it.

The writing was also great, back to season 4 quality for the first time since the last two episodes of season 6. It was a brilliant episode, kind of feel sorry for you :P

Go Up