No new Infamous game in development. No Sly Cooper either

Started by Legend, Jul 01, 2022, 04:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

the-pi-guy

Not surprised that they aren't working on either of them.

A little surprised that they didn't farm them out somewhere.

kitler53

Jul 01, 2022, 06:33 PM Last Edit: Jul 01, 2022, 09:32 PM by kitler53
i was LTTP but sly wasn't that great of a franchise.   i think the franchise is special enough to the fans that sony should port them to ps4/5 but i wouldn't greenlight a new game in the franchise.  i wouldn't buy a new one either.

i was day(ish) 1 for all of infamous.   i mostly have the same feeling,.. a port of the ps3 games would trigger a rebuy from me probably but i don't really want another game in the franchise.  i'd buy it if they did but i like new franchises that aren't tethered by legacy expectations.   i think SP could do more by reusing the ideas but building out differently like they did with GoT.   

the willingness to kill a successful franchise and start something new is one of the biggest reasons i love sony.  sometimes a franchise is just played out where there is no where else to take it story or gameplay wise.  sometimes its best to just "go out on top" so people always have good memories instead of milking it to death. 

killzone is another great example of my attitude here.   port KZ2 pleeeaaaassseeeee.   ...but don't revisit it.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

Id love a new infamous from them. After what they learned from Ghost a new infamous can be amazing.

Either way, I really liked Infamous SS and GoT so I am definitely excited for whatever they are making next

the-pi-guy

Legend

Lulz. Fast acting karma